Opening

So I sham the pool this week. It was taking about a quart of LC each time I checked, to keep it at SLAM level. Did the overnight chlorine test and chlorine was good..no loss. Pool is clear. I tested for FC though and there is no FC. Not sure why or how to fix that. Thank you. Fc right now is 7.5, CYA is about 36.
Your post is a bit contradictory - you say no FC and then you say FC is 7.5. Do you mean CC? No CC is a good thing.

Can't measure between the lines for CYA, so just call it 40.

If no overnight loss, no CC, and it's sparking clear with no algae showing anywhere, then you're good to get out of the SLAM. You can let your FC drift down to the maintenance levels on the FC/CYA Levels. Just don't let it get down to anywhere near minimums. Test FC and pH daily, add FC each day as you need to get to the top of the maintenance levels. As you get a feel for the pool and how much chlorine it needs you can cut back testing to every other day or every 3 days, and just add FC daily as you normally do. After any big bather loads test and add again as it may have chewed up some extra FC. :)

Reactions: JEM31
Your post is a bit contradictory - you say no FC and then you say FC is 7.5. Do you mean CC? No CC is a good thing.

Can't measure between the lines for CYA, so just call it 40.

If no overnight loss, no CC, and it's sparking clear with no algae showing anywhere, then you're good to get out of the SLAM. You can let your FC drift down to the maintenance levels on the FC/CYA Levels. Just don't let it get down to anywhere near minimums. Test FC and pH daily, add FC each day as you need to get to the top of the maintenance levels. As you get a feel for the pool and how much chlorine it needs you can cut back testing to every other day or every 3 days, and just add FC daily as you normally do. After any big bather loads test and add again as it may have chewed up some extra FC. :)
Sorry, yes I meant CC. I'm so happy my pool is where it should be now. Thank you.

Yep, no CC is a good thing. Excellent! Just keep that FC where it should be for your CYA and you should be Trouble-Free. :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.