Opening Today!

Ck91

Jul 16, 2021
Memphis, TN
Been a very mild winter and I am tired of looking at the cover as we are hitting close to 80's early this week.

It is the first time I am opening my pool and had someone help close it last winter. I have gizmos out and pipes/pumps plugged back, however I am curious if the ] guy did anything with the valves and I am drawing a blank on if anything stands out that needs to be moved a certain direction. I attached some pics. If there is a need for closer or better pics I will provide. Thanks!

Attachments

• PEquip Medium.jpeg
    PEquip Medium.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5323.jpeg
    IMG_5323.jpeg
    1,005.5 KB · Views: 28
Your two suction valves appear to open which is good. Your return valve (after the SWG) shows waterfall closed which is fine for now.

You do have what appears to be a valve to WASTE right after the pump (before the filter) which appears to be partially open to the waste line. You may want to close the WASTE line so all water goes to the filter.

Nothing else odd stands out to me.

Just for a newbie to learn.

So the two suction valves are open (Assuming these are A&B)

I usually keep WF closed so thats ok for now like you said (C)

Valve D needs to be OFF to the pipe going underground?

Last edited:
Valve D needs to be pointed to the right?
I believe so. If that long PVC line going at an angle is going to WASTE, yes, close that one. Position the handle so the OFF tab is on that line. You only want water going to the filter for now.

Pic if it helps.

full

Reactions: Newdude
Is it better to have it partially open then or is it most likely waste?
You can leave it that initially and check. If it's a pump to waste line, you might look to see where that other end goes to (i.e. to the street, sewer, fields, etc).

Previous owners built this pool so not 100% familiar with everything. I could not find nor have seen since I have been here an opening to where this would drain to. It looks like it just goes underground 🤷‍♂️. Could it be something other than waste?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.