Opening this weekend. How much of what do I need?

Planning to open the pool this weekend. Due to the current COVID-19 situation, I am trying to prevent needing to run out multiple times over the weekend/first few days to get more supplies with stores varying hours/closures and the big box stores (walmart) being way to packed at all times with people who don't know what personal space (or personal hygiene) is. I already have the typical pump tune up kit and miscellaneous other gaskets and parts that always break at the worst time so I don't need to run out to get them. Now I am trying to get the right amount of chemicals for the time being. I ran a test on the covered pool today. I expect to have to add about 500-750 gallons of tap water into the pool once i open. The pool looked dirty for DIrty water getting through the cover but I don't think is algae yet.
FC: 0 (have a solid cover with mesh in center so have been pumping out water as its replaced by ran water)
PH: 7.8
TA: 70
CH: 200
CYA: 50
I have a local pool company delivering a 5 gallon carboy of pool chlorine (unsure if it will be 10% or 12.5% haven't used them in a few years but hoping its 12.5% but will confirm) and DE before the weekend. I have a gallon of muratic acid left from last year (does this lose potentcy like chlorine?)

What else do you think will be needed? Should I get a second 5 gallon carboy or I anticipate being able to get to the store I normally go to for 12.5% gallons by the end of next week (its over an hour away which is the main reason I am not going there to begin with). Do you think the 1 5 gallon carboy will be enough to last me to the end of next week.

5 gallons of 10% gives you 56 ppm. That should last you about a month.

I like to have a gallon of MA on hand and a few pounds of stabilizer. They both last a long time.

Your CH is a bit low for a plaster pool.

I don't trust chemical test done on a closed pool where the water is not circulating. Run your pump for 24 hours and retest before you add any chemicals other then chlorine.

I'm not convinced 5 gallons of chlorine will last very loong, the slam hasn't started yet.

Yeah, I was not looking at that.

At CYA 50 with a SLAM FC of 20 the 54 ppm can be used in less the a week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.