Opening Pool This Weekend but About to Install SWG

BabsNMK

May 19, 2018
Cranbury, NJ
We are planning on opening this weekend but aren't ready to install the SWG and new pump (placing my order today). Should I open and SLAM and then in a few weeks when we do the conversion hopefully the water will be in good shape? Or should I just hold off and do everything at once? We've never even opened on our own before so this entire process is going to require some trial and error.

Before you install the swg, you should have the pool clean and balanced. The swg will not really help you clean up the pool, they are more for maintaining balanced water than they are for aidng in the slam process.

Reactions: BabsNMK
Babs,

As Jason points out, get the pool in good shape and then add the SWCG..

I also suspect your pool already has more salt in it than you think.. Never add salt before knowing the actual salt level in the pool using a Taylor K-1766 salt test kit. Even though most salt systems will tell you what the salt level is, or if it is too high or too low, I suggest that you double check before adding any salt. The cell only reports what it "thinks" the salt level is, the test kit will tell you the actual level...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.