Opening Pool; Rubber Plug w/Blow Thru Valve in Equalizer Pipe

mjbarr99

Silver Supporter
Mar 20, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
Hello All,

When closing my pool last fall, my rubber plug w/blow thru valve blew off the pipe attached to the skimmer and fell into the skimmer equalizer line while I was blowing out my lines. The equalizer hole doesn't have an equalizer valve attached to it so that's why the plug was able to drop down the hole. I've tried reaching it with a pick up tool but haven't had any luck. I have an automatic pool cover so I don't drain the water below the skimmer. I'm thinking since the water is above the grate for the equalizer line, it wouldn't have any suction. My arms are too short to try to remove the grate with me lying on the pool deck. Once the water warms up, I plan on removing the grate and retrieving the plug while in the pool. Please let me know if I'm on the right track because I want to be certain the plug will not get sucked into the skimmer piping when I start the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.