Opening pool - How important is pH level before SLAM?

Colymbus

Bronze Supporter
Aug 10, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Hello. WEIRD spring weather this year had us opening pool a little later than usual. Water was a clear green (better than cloudy green ;)) with some detritus and TADPOLES of all things! Currently have the filter and auto-vac running due to downpouring of rain, but I did manage to do some testing in anticipation of SLAM:

FC: 0
pH: 7.2
TA: 70
CH: 130
CYA: 10

My question is this; do I need to worry about raising the pH or adjusting anything else before the SLAM? I know CYA is very low, but I ran out of reagent today (oops) so I can't test again until order arrives next week-ish so I wasn't going to bother adding stabilizer until after the SLAM. Still vacuuming and brushing inbetween the torrents so I have time to correct certain chemicals before I start adding the shock if needed. I will be going from the SLAM to a brand new SWG which ideally wants a higher pH to run (7.5).

Any guidance appreciated.

A ph of 7.2 is what is recommended for following the SLAM Process

You do want 30 ppm of CYA in the water. Otherwise you lose FC to the sun very rapidly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.