Opening Pool - Cloudy Water

I would also add that since you are Oklahoma, there is probably a LOT of dirt in the water. I have had a pool here for about 3 years and I had a pretty significant cloudiness issue that I *thought* might need a SLAM but my numbers showed otherwise. Ultimately, it took almost 4 days of running the filter for 24 hours straight to get it to clear back up to what I expect to see. Not saying you don't need a SLAM, just that the extreme wind we have had over the last couple of weeks hasn't helped.

Reactions: orangepower10
Any tips for products on the best way to bring those down?
At that low level, no reason too. We suggest if you are concerned with phosphates, which 99.99% of pool owners should not be, get your own Taylor K-1106 test kit and see what they are. There is little reason to bother if the phosphates level is below 2000-3000 ppb.

This article has a good review and what products to use if you wish to remove the phosphates.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.