Opening numbers. cold water. CC and CYA. Advice?

induce

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 13, 2007
Murfreesboro, TN
Hi guys ! Hope all is well. SPRINGTIME!!
Opened yesterday, Safety cover off. water not green. (yay). cranked it all up. Worm city. got em all out and vac'ed. Brushed.
Fixed pH, shocked, backwashed before bed. running 24 hours on high currently.
Numbers this am before sunrise: (water looks pretty darn good)
pH 7.2
FC 7.0
CC 1.0
TA 100
CYA 80 (grrrrr)
CH 175
water temp 55

What ya'll think? I'm guessing more bleach to push CC down? I can smell chlorine standing on the deck. i'm guessing that's chloramines.
Would you mess with the pH? i have 20 MTB ready if needed.
I gotta confess to being a lazy Rainbow feeder, trichlor guy. (oh the shame). that being said, I'm thinking I'm gonna drain this pool down some and get some CYA out.
We had A LOT of rain in TN this winter and i hoped the CYA would be less. well, it was 100 when i closed, now 80. wanted less. 40?
Vinyl owners......... have you done this? advice ? a little worried about draining vinyl liner down some. do it about 1/3 and check?
Thanks everybody !!

I gotta confess to being a lazy Rainbow feeder, trichlor guy. (oh the shame).
Shame, shame, shame. Time-out in the corner. :whip::hammer: Well, maybe this season will be the year to use more liquid chlorine (aka regular bleach) to keep that from happening? You can still use the feeder from time to time, just not as much.

Reactions: induce
Don’t mess with the pH. That pH is good for the SLAM Process your water needs.

First step is do any draining.

What is the pH, TA, CH of your fill water. That will give us an idea of what is next after the drain & fill.

fill water is 7.4, ta 160, ch 225.
was having a great day, until i just split the body of hayward multivalve changing the gauge. split up and down the entire body......... wasn't really even all that tight. i guess a turn or two too much thread tape. all plastic body. POP ! :( $$$
all of my systems are down..... (down, down down)

Ok. Back up and running. multivalve replaced.
anyway....... oh yeah. water.
this am FC was still 7. cc had dropped to .5
chlorine smell much less. Sunny all day yesterday.
we have a blackish liner that I'm trying to baby from bleaching out.........otherwise i would SLAM.
sit on this a few days? recheck CC then? water looks great.

With FC holding steady and CC of .5 no reason to SLAM Process. Just some FC on the high side of targets should be good for you. CC of .5 is normal chlorine at work.

Drain when you can to get your CYA down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.