Bronze Supporter
May 13, 2020
Vancouver, Washington
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We started our opening process this past weekend. It wasn’t bad but I would not say good. I have been running the auto vacuum and pump all week. We brushed the sides and bottom but I’m gonna be honest my back is bad and I haven’t brushed again this week. I have the whale brush any tips on brushing an above ground pool?? Wednesday I vacuumed to waste and emptied about half the pool and backwashed. it looks pretty good I have dumped about 2 gallons of bleach in. I know I need to do another backwash and start the slam process. Today I tested and here are my numbers. I have zero CYA and I know I gotta get that up or all the chlorine in the world isn’t going to help. I am trying to desolve the cyanuric acid in a 5 gallon bucket before I do the chlorine as it makes sense for that to come up right? But it’s not desolving? (I forgot about the old sock trick darn it!) can I put it in with out it being fully disolved? I also have high ph so I was gonna put in Muriatic acid in I got HSA at the pool store I know it’s better than what I can get at Home Depot but what is the %? (I’m now remembering not to worry about PH while I do a slam that’s the case right) anyway pictures attached.

Attachments

• 01EFE16A-F97E-4A1C-AE31-1C5B79237ECF.png
    01EFE16A-F97E-4A1C-AE31-1C5B79237ECF.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 8
  • B47A135F-5D2E-4249-A972-475E32334499.jpeg
    B47A135F-5D2E-4249-A972-475E32334499.jpeg
    310.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 9FD46DAA-21E0-4A04-9727-FD2F45A4C4F2.jpeg
    9FD46DAA-21E0-4A04-9727-FD2F45A4C4F2.jpeg
    509.6 KB · Views: 8
When I opened my pool, I let the pump run for 24 hours before collecting any samples for pH. I then run an entire test on CYA, CH, TA, pH, FC, CC.

The first thing I did was get my CYA to the max recommended, then I slammed my pool based on how much CYA I’ve added. I either use the sock method or I use liquid stabilizer. You want to make sure you granular for CYA are dissolves first. Don’t dump the granulars in your pool without dissolving them. There may be some granulars on the floor of your pool when you do the sock method. Just brush it and they would eventually dissolve.

I usually slam my pool for a couple of days before I run an overnight test. It always passes. I don’t check my pH if my FC is above 10.

After my overnight test passes, I let the FC go down below 10 and check my pH. My other specifications (TA and CH) are always within spec.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.