Opening after 1st time closing last fall

Midwestdude

Jun 19, 2020
Indiana
So I'm planning to open our pool in the next few weeks. This will be our third season after buying the house in 2019. This opening makes me the most nervous as this will be the first time opening the pool after having closed the pool myself last winter for the first time. Previous two season I hired it done. While I feel fairly confident I did all the steps correctly, I'll probably be nervous till I have it opened and functioning again. It's that suspense of what I will see when the winter cover comes off. I haven't had a lot of thought or attention paid to the pool this winter going into spring as we had our first child Dec 28th so other than trying to keep draining rain/snow water off the cover (and we have had sooooo much rain). I haven't had much time to prepare or plan. I want to correct some of my mistakes like doing a better job of folding and storing the winter cover so my future self will thank me when it's time to close again. Nothing like trying to install a winter cover that was haphazardly put away. We're excited this year to actually enjoy a full season. Last season we had a renovation done to our pool to replace (or rather install since previous owner let it fall off) waterline tile, and all the copings stones. We only had a few weeks or so of actual use last season :( When I open I want to do what I did when I closed it down and that is to make detailed notes on what I did and in what order. I spent the last two weekends removing 4 fruit trees that were inside the fenced in pool area. We also plan on building a small shed in one of the areas I cleared out to store the pool stuff in.

Since I've been out of the pool maintenance and opening mainframe, what would be a good simple checklist of things I should have ready before I open? Some things are obvious but I want to be sure to make this as efficient and smooth as possible.

The link below is a great place to start. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.