Oops we ran into some problems

The site gives that when a page is left open too long in a window and the cookies become stale. Refresh the page or close the window and open a new window fixes it. It is this sites version of a security error timeout and need to log back in in the background.

The site gives that when a page is left open too long in a window and the cookies become stale. Refresh the page or close the window and open a new window fixes it. It is this sites version of a security error timeout and need to log back in in the background.
That didn't fix it for me. I even restarted the whole computer. I had to manually go in and delete the cookies for this site. It's a common thing with browsers.

Most browsers have the ability to safe active logins (another type of cookie).
There are very few issues from deleting cookies & cache that should be caused.
"auto login" are stored via cookies. A cookie is still a cookie and is saved exactly where all other cookies are stored. Cookies from other sites should be left alone. That's like telling someone whose program stopped responding to delete the entire hard drive. BTW, it was clearing of the cache that worked. Deleting the cookies did nothing other than not log me in automagically.

For whatever reason, think someone flipped an SEO switch or something in the admin panel, the link used to say forumdisplay.php which is actually a vbulletin file and not a xenforo one. So I believe the redirects were being worked on.

Anyway, it's fixed for me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
"auto login" are stored via cookies. A cookie is still a cookie and is saved exactly where all other cookies are stored. Cookies from other sites should be left alone. That's like telling someone whose program stopped responding to delete the entire hard drive.
We agreed ;) ...Not exactly, but I like the analogy anyways :D It would work :p Problem "gone" (but alas not fixed)
BTW, it was clearing of the cache that worked. Deleting the cookies did nothing other than not log me in automagically.
Hmmm, different browser maybe

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.