Only 3 out of 13 pop ups for cleaning system, ever pop up in pool. All five in the spa work great. How can I adjust my valves to make more pop up?

AdamAZ84

Mar 30, 2022
ARIZONA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have valves for cleaning system open, the booster pump have a valve for main drain or skimmer, I have tried both neither change anything. I have turned the spa valves, nothing. There's a valve that goes from filter to salt cell and heater, I have that set to open to both I believe. I can the pics, the same the heads pop up only in the pool no matter what I do. The return on side wall has very strong flow, the one beside it doesn't have any. Presidential pools built this pool five years ago, so I don't think it's all 10 of those pop ups are bad. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Yes I just took some!

Attachments

• 20220421_114826.jpg
    20220421_114826.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220421_114817.jpg
    20220421_114817.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220421_114808.jpg
    20220421_114808.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220421_114749.jpg
    20220421_114749.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 18
If some are working properly and some not, the ones that don't pop up are either worn out or have debris between the movable part and the housing causing them to stick. They are not individually adjustable and the the fact that some are working properly indicates the proper water pressure is being sent to the distribution valve. It is possible that the distribution valve has issues, but that should show up as none of the heads working.

Ok thank you I will order a tool and take them out. They have two slots, one on each side. Do you know what pop up type that would be? I did see on YouTube, people saying if you don't turn the valves off to the returns, which for me are two wall holes on the stairs, then enough pressure won't go to the pop ups. Also, the spa has strong pop ups and a waterfal, so I wonder is that pressure going over there.

To get the right tool you need to know the brand of the heads. The distribution valve only allows one zone at a time to operate so when the spa heads are active the others aren't. When the other heads are supposed to be up the spa is inactive. If you have a valve that will shut off the wall returns, give it a try. On many systems the wall returns are just one of the distribution-valve positions, depends on how it was installed.

So the only valve that controlls wall returns is the valve between booster pump and returns per the labels. It controls the waterfall or the returns on the wall. The spa option is therapy jets or floor cleaner. When I switch these nothing changes to floor pop ups.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.