On The Road Pool & Spa

floridarandy

Bronze Supporter
Jul 18, 2015
Southwest Florida
Sometime next year we'll retire and leave the in ground pool and Hot Spring Spa fo9r 6-9 month/year. So, my questions are:

SPA

Drain and turn off?

Pool

We're currently using chlorine/acid. Convert to salt generator? If so, what's the least expensive and what maintenance will be required while we're gone.

Thanks

Randy in Florida

Spa -- I would think so. Not sure if anything dries out on them or not. But obviously you cannot leave it full.

Pool - SWCG will be about your only choice. You will need a pool service to clean, empty skimmer baskets, test pH and add acid, and adjust SWCG output. Weekly should be OK>

The issue with a chlorine pump system is you have to add bleach every couple weeks at least. If a pool service would do that, it is an option.

Take care.

So the question is, after cost of SWCG what is the mo cost compare to simple chlorine acid? Lot of pool services here in Florida. So which is less expensive on an annual basis hire pool service weekly for chlorine/acid weekly or SWCG Per year. How much weekly/annual, pool maintenance service on SWCG?

Chlorine injection vs SWCG is essentially a wash cost wise per FC added. More $$ up front for SWCG but then no purchase of liquid chlorine going forward.

Really depends on pool service, reliability of that service, etc. I would be troubled leaving it for 9 months. We travel in the summer but rarely for more than 2 months.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.