Omnilogic touchscreen issues

hcjamey

Jun 14, 2020
Katy, Tx
My 6 y.o. Hayward Omnilogic touchscreen is mostly non-responsive which leads to many issues those of you who have dealt with it know about. I've seen the jgarden Jun 29, 2014 thread and great fixes on it. Unfortunately, mine is one of those so far off that I can not recalibrate it because the critical areas are non-responsive. My questions are: 1. Will replacing the lcd w/o the main system processor fix it (only costs about 100 bucks online)? 2. Do I have to purchase the entire Hayward Local Display( about 500 bucks online)? 3. Incidently, our pool light which probably has less than 100 hours use on it (not the spa) quit working. It might be another issue for another day or that might be a piece of info someone needs...

Any ideas on the above problem?

Do I just bite the bullet and call a Hayward tech and if so what's a ballpark cost for this repair?

I'm open for options- ideas regarding how to approach this problem all the way up to cutting the cord and getting a system change out.
Thanks!

Welcome to TFP.

It seems to be a common problem with the OmniLogic. I would try replacing the HLX-LCD screen first and see if it fixes your problem.

Last edited:
I have the same issue and curious what path you eventually took? Thanks.
Nowazzu,
I replaced the screen. It was quite easy. Now it is totally responsive and I can fully access all functions from the panel all the time. However my light issue needs to be addressed by a professional. It's either burned out or not getting power. Hope I answered your question.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.