OmniLogic not assigning Dynamic IP address/not connecting to network

Kilgore Trout

May 4, 2019
South Carolina
Had connection to Omnilogic for two years trouble free. Lost communication about 6 to 8 weeks ago.
Initially thought it was a network connection issue, but two hours last weekend with ISP and use of their software shows that's not the case. My network sees the controller - MAC address and all and shows it with great signal strength.

The only thing that appears to have changed is identified above. The dynamic IP address on the Omnilogic controller does not populate anymore. Was there a recent firmware or software upgrade that prevents this assignment from happening? Does anyone know what the correction is?

Hayward technical service just help me locate service centers in my area - weak.

Thanks in advance

WiFi w/ Hayward Bridge. Had technician out and they updated OmniLogic Panel firmware and now issue with Dynamic IP has been resolved, but I still get the message "We are unable to communicate with the web server at this time. Please verify that this unit has been registered and/or check with your network administrator".
My Xfi shows the panel as being connected so I don't believe it's an issue with the antenna.
It's almost as-if the account privileges have been revoked.

Had connection to Omnilogic for two years trouble free. Lost communication about 6 to 8 weeks ago.
Initially thought it was a network connection issue, but two hours last weekend with ISP and use of their software shows that's not the case. My network sees the controller - MAC address and all and shows it with great signal strength.

The only thing that appears to have changed is identified above. The dynamic IP address on the Omnilogic controller does not populate anymore. Was there a recent firmware or software upgrade that prevents this assignment from happening? Does anyone know what the correction is?

Hayward technical service just help me locate service centers in my area - weak.

Thanks in advance

I figured it out today! We’ve had our Omnilogic in for a week and every single night the connection would get messed up and I got the lightening bolt in the app. In order to get it working again, I had to physically unplug the router and modem then reconnect the panel to the internet. My internet provider was no help and Hayward is clueless! I resorted to my IT friend and he’s saying at night something in my house is running a update and takes the IP address from the panel and basically cuts off the connection from panel to router. He ended up creating a static IP for the panel and also did port forwarding and that’s what did it. I have yet to loose the connection. I really wish Hayward would be a little more knowledgable on this kind of stuff. They were zero help and kept emailing me “troubleshooting”guides that had nothing to do with what my IT friend just did. I hope someone else sees this and doesn’t have to spend countless hours on the phone with your internet provider and Hayward. You’ll get no where. Hire a IT guy and tell them you need a static IP set up and port forwarding and issue is solved.

Thank you for posting this. Got absolutely nowhere with Hayward - on two different occasions was promised two senior level technical service person calls and I'm still waiting after three months. I'm going to give this a try. When can your IT guy get here? :)

Thanks in advance
Kilgore,
Interesting. I've been battling what feels like similar tissue. My pool has had a Hayward provided Engenius Access Point (AP) that worked fine. From one day to the other the AP won't pick-up an IP address using DHCP (dynamic) mode. In my case I ended up having CAT5 ~3-5 from Omnilogic board so I switched to hardwire. Same issue occurs Omnilogic = Dynamic & Netgear Nighthawk router configured for DHCP, so my expectation is Omnilogic would go acquire IP via router and display IP secured in exchange with router. As .jpg file shows in dynamic mode and clearly no IP captured. I have a Hayward certified dealer involved and they are going nowhere with Hayward. So simply upgrade off current version to new version firmware and that might solve DHCP issue?

68417050163__77088EAF-DD6D-4032-81C1-29E1C79F8CBB.JPG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.