johnnyweb

Jul 5, 2021
Jonestown / TX
I'm not sure of the exact day the MSP was changed but I lost access to my controller via internet access (web and mobile app) and after ruling out the network being the issue (hardwired to a Ubiquiti network) I wanted to change the config of the OmniLogic and noticed the MSP I have written down and which the installer wrote down in the panel, was changed. How does that happen if nothing has been touched for a few years?

I wasn't able to unlock the config with the MSP I had and that's when I found the new MSP and used it successfully as the password to unlock the config options like changing the IP address.

I assumed it would be as easy as redoing my Mobile app and registering it as my new pool system/location's MSP ID but it said that the MSP was registered already. How can I fix this and secondarily but less important currently is how did it get changed. My current config is using the MSP ID since the install in 2016.

Let me know if you need any details that might help get to the bottom of this mystery.

Thanks for any kind of help! -John

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry your question did not get any responses. Pretty technical but lets see if this bump gathers you some answers.

I'm not sure of the exact day the MSP was changed but I lost access to my controller via internet access (web and mobile app) and after ruling out the network being the issue (hardwired to a Ubiquiti network) I wanted to change the config of the OmniLogic and noticed the MSP I have written down and which the installer wrote down in the panel, was changed. How does that happen if nothing has been touched for a few years?

I wasn't able to unlock the config with the MSP I had and that's when I found the new MSP and used it successfully as the password to unlock the config options like changing the IP address.

I assumed it would be as easy as redoing my Mobile app and registering it as my new pool system/location's MSP ID but it said that the MSP was registered already. How can I fix this and secondarily but less important currently is how did it get changed. My current config is using the MSP ID since the install in 2016.

Let me know if you need any details that might help get to the bottom of this mystery.

Thanks for any kind of help! -John
Did you ever get this resolved?

Somehow your new MSP ID has already been registered. Whomever‘s profile this ID was registered under is now considered the owner. Each MSPID is allowed one owner only but that owner is allowed to assign others access to the system. You can call Hayward‘s customer service/technical support and request that they reset it unlock it so that you can re-register the ID. You should be able to get it done on the same phone call.

Also in regards to how it got changed it could’ve been done through some type of update which in that case I would suspect that all other systems updated it for you so I would possibly check online through Hayward OmniLogic and see if it’s a new MSP ID that shows up that you own. Not the app go through Hayward OmniLogic website it’s the same user credentials to get in but more options

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.