Omnilogic controlling GVA-24 help (pool guy screwed it up)

pjku79

Apr 17, 2015
San Antonio
I have an Omnilogic setup which has been working fine for several years. It is being used to control several GVA-24 valves. Two months ago I had an issue with my pump (not related to the valves) and called a local shop to help me. While he was here, he told me one of my valves wasn't working and was playing with the settings.

Fast forward 2 months to me getting around to replacing it and I noticed the wire was cut (clean cut). Who knows if he did it or the dogs somehow did it, but I think he messed up my setting while playing with it.

Now I have replaced the valve and it is acting weird (i also fixed the wire on the old one and that gives the same function). The valve controls how the water comes from the pool/spa back to the pump. When I turn to spa, the valve turned correctly. However, when I turned back to pool, it does not return (tried several times and cycles power). The only way I could get it to return was to change the switch on the valve from ON 1 to ON 2. When I did that, it goes back but then still doesn't move when I go back to spa the next time, unless I came back to ON 2.

The valve itself seems to work fine, but I can't figure out how to get it to function correctly. I am thinking there is a setting somewhere that is messed up.

Thanks ahead for your help.

Last edited:
Swap the return and suction actuator plugs in their sockets. See if the problem actuator moves or stays with the suction actuator.

There is no setting to adjust.

Below is a diagram showing the wiring of the actuator. You can see the plug has 3 wires. There is one wire for each direction (red & white) with a common wire (Black)

I think you have a problem with your OmniLogic board in that actuator socket not powering one side.

If you have a multimeter you can open the actuator and see if you have 24V AC voltage in each direction.

Jandy_valve_actuator_diagram.png