Niceville, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Background: a couple of months ago, my salt cell began reporting high temperature (215F)/low salt (900ppm). Obviously that was false, but it was diagnosed as a faulty salt cell. In the meantime, we realized the power plug into the omnilogic system had some indications of a short. It took two months for that small part to get in and low and behold (with the new salt cell installed), the same indications came back. I had a certified pool technician out today to look at it and consult with Hayward and they are recommending a logic board replacement. I’m sure the company is going to gouge the heck out of me so has anyone replaced that main circuit board by themselves? there are videos on the net for aqua-rite systems, but none that I can find for the omnilogic system. Also, is there a way to find out the part number to ensure that, if I do order it, it’s the right one?

I’m pretty handy and if the install is as straight forward as the aqua rite systems, this looks like about a 10 minute job. I assume I would also want to update to the newest software/firmware at the same time...which again, appears to be pretty straight forward.

I’m new at the more advanced pool diy stuff...we just moved into our house in May. We’ve had pools before but either chlorine or aqua-rite chlorination systems...nothing this advanced. thanks for any help/insight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.