Omni PL Upgrade Kit Hayward Automation

Jul 22, 2012
I've looked and searched, and cannot find anything on this.

So I'm using Hayward ProLogic with AquaConnect. Look....this app "works" to a degree. It's pretty painful and plain, but it "works".

I saw this video when looking at Hayward Automation, and this is talking about Omni PL Upgrade Kit ....and I cannot find anything on the Hayward site directly about this product coming out or is out?
This video looks legit, and it looks like it's planned to flat out pull the ProLogic panel, and would put in this, and then "Bam" you get the Omni app and capabilities. That's my wishful, and I'm really wanting to know if this is what I'm thinking. Is anyone familiar with this?

Thanks,
Jason

First I have seen the Omni PL Upgrade Kit mentioned here. Not clear it is available yet and in the wild.

Reactions: DustinPPC
Also interested in this. I have an E command 4 with a slow clock. Hearing I need to replace the board. Might as well upgrade if I'm spending $500 anyway.

Yup, supply chain. Im glad I was able to get my Omnilogic base when I did for the price I did.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I spoke to Hayward yesterday and the rep said its now available but ONLY sold to an authorized Hayward installer/pool company for them to install. So you will need someone who will buy it for you.

That Pool Unlimited site is BS, this is a brand new product that was delayed due to chip shortages it hasn't been discontinued

I haven't seen pricing because they are only releasing that to dealers right now.

I got this 3 weeks ago because the mainboard in my Prologic died again and this time it was well out of warranty. This was a great alternative to spending $1000 on obsolete technology.

Love the internet connectivity to control it from my phone anywhere, plus the warranty. Install was fairly easy - most of the connections were drop in replacements for the prologic, but for some reason I did have to cut and strip the transformer wires. It’s hard to press buttons in the bottom right of the touch screen, but overall I’m very happy.

I got an extra $100 off coupon through chat. So $1,799 Canadian plus tax.

Looks like they ship to the US for $50. So I guess that would be around $1,400 USD.

Hello everyone! I'm new as a member of TFP. I purchased the HLXPROUPG retrofit kit and was able to successfully upgrade my Goldline AQL-PS-8 to the OmniPL. It's excellent!

I ran into one minor delay where the installation manual shows the terminal block for the heater connections as the same on the old and the new board. That may be the case for later version of the controller, but wasn't the case for mine. It didn't cause any issues, just required a pause and review of the connections to ensure everything was correct before energizing.

The programming took a little longer than expected, and I'm still playing around with setting up "themes" for various functions. Also, the touch screen is not very sensitive. Using a screen stylus is recommended. I've also ordered an HL-CHEM (sense & dispense) that I plan to try to get installed this coming weekend.

Cheers!

Reactions: geepmaley
Hello everyone! I'm new as a member of TFP. I purchased the HLXPROUPG retrofit kit and was able to successfully upgrade my Goldline AQL-PS-8 to the OmniPL. It's excellent!

I ran into one minor delay where the installation manual shows the terminal block for the heater connections as the same on the old and the new board. That may be the case for later version of the controller, but wasn't the case for mine. It didn't cause any issues, just required a pause and review of the connections to ensure everything was correct before energizing.

The programming took a little longer than expected, and I'm still playing around with setting up "themes" for various functions. Also, the touch screen is not very sensitive. Using a screen stylus is recommended. I've also ordered an HL-CHEM (sense & dispense) that I plan to try to get installed this coming weekend.

Cheers!
Im picking my OmniPL Kit up next Friday so I will be installing over the weekend, I might hit you up for install assistance. Mine is replacing a 10 year old Hayward ProLogic PS8 system with Turbo T-15 cell, Sense & Dispense with AQL-Chem Acid dispense

Im picking my OmniPL Kit up next Friday so I will be installing over the weekend, I might hit you up for install assistance. Mine is replacing a 10 year old Hayward ProLogic PS8 system with Turbo T-15 cell, Sense & Dispense with AQL-Chem Acid dispense
I hope all goes well! I'll be interested in hearing if you had any issues. The shipping for my Sense & Dispense was delayed a few days so won't get a chance to install until probably next weekend. I purchased a Stenner pump/tank combo and was able to get powered up over the weekend, but still need to finish installing injector into pool plumbing. Any advice you can give on the Sense & Dispense is appreciated.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support