Albany NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello, this is our first full season with a pool installed August of last year. I didn’t realize I shouldn’t have my SWG on all the time and thought if my pump was off or too low a flow, the SWG would also be off. I’m using OmniLogic app, Hayward AquaRite SWG (T-15), and Hayward VS pump. I had been running the pump 24/7 (621 rpm 8pm to 6am, 1725 6am to 11am, 3450 11am to 3pm (this is when I heat if necessary), 2450 3pm to 6pm, and 1725 6pm to 8pm). The SWG was just set to a constant 50% but I think there’s not enough flow at 621 rpm for it to be working. I also don’t think I need to run my pump this long so I made a schedule to turn the pump off via OmniLogic from 8pm to 8am. I also set a Chlorinator schedule at 50% for 8:30am to 7:30 pm but at 9pm I checked the app and pump was off but not chlorinator! It was not generating but it was still on. I can’t figure out how to schedule to turn off the chlorinator, it seems that I have to do this manually with the app. The problem is if I lose connectivity to the OmniLogic, I’m concerned the pump will be off, the chlorinator will be on, and I’ll run into problems (like the stories of exploding salt cells). Is there a way to program the OmniLogic app to turn off the SWG altogether?

First, you should not need full speed ever. Even for heat. Also, you should not really need so many different speeds. Have one speed for the heater and another for the SWG. That is all you need.

Next, if the flow rate is too low, the SWG will alarm so it should not be a mystery.

But the SWG should not be on if the pump is off. Is the OmniLogic configured to manage the AquaRite?

Thank you! I thought I had too complicated a schedule. Interestingly, my heater seems to need full speed to work. Although we’ve had terrible pollen in the pool so I’m not sure if some of this is just the constant need to clean the filter.
The Omni Logic has the AquaRite available to schedule and turn on/off manually but the schedule only seems to control the output percentage, not whether it’s on or off. It just stays at whatever was last on the output schedule when that ends (I played around with that to test it out). Turning off the pump doesn’t force off the chlorinator. We haven’t yet done the latest upgrade so not sure if this will impact it. Is there a different way I’m supposed to setup the OmniLogic?
Thank you!!

Unless the AquaRite unit is wired through and OmniLogic relay, the unit will not "shut off". However, the OmniLogic should prevent the cell from being energized when the pump is off. So when you say "Turning off the pump doesn’t force off the chlorinator", exactly what do you mean? There is still power to the AquaRite unit OR power to the cell?

The chlorinator appears to be on, in the app. It notes that the pump is off. But the chlorinator itself is not off per the app.

I took some screenshots thinking that would be easier. We just did the upgrade and were told we’d now see instant salt and some other things for our SWG but see screenshot- nothing! Is this right? And I still can only schedule the percentage output for the SWG but not an actual on/off cycle. Any insight is appreciated!

70A82FD6-042F-421E-95DE-306E0403071E.jpeg

Attachments

• 5530EE0E-62A1-4A61-8B65-87945C1AACB3.jpeg
    5530EE0E-62A1-4A61-8B65-87945C1AACB3.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 29908F54-3E37-41C8-8C0D-B8D65E545743.jpeg
    29908F54-3E37-41C8-8C0D-B8D65E545743.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
So again, what hardware components do you have installed? OmniLogic has a lot of different options so I don't know exactly what your setup is. For example, do you have a relay box that looks like this:

1622662832358.png

The SWG cell can connect directly to this box so you don't need the AquaRite.

Yes, that is what I have. I can’t do anything with the SWG box as it is routed to the app (so I have to turn off the SWG via the app to reconfigure, and the output dial in the sWG box doesn’t control anything, just the app). The alarms show up in both the app and on the SWG box.

So why don't you connect the cell directly to the OmniLogic box and bypass the AquaRite box? With the OmniLogic, you don't need it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I didn’t know that was an option and I don’t think I have the technical expertise to do that. I will have to work with the builder.
Does the app screen make sense for the chlorinator diagnostics? It gives so little information.

If the cell were truly on, there would be voltage and current displayed. Even though it says it is on, it is not on.

Also, you should be able to plug the SWG cell directly into the OmniLogic connector. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Is there a data cable that goes from the OmniLogic to the AquaRite?

Just realized that you may be calling the T-15 Cell by the name AquaRite. Do you have one of these controllers as well as the OmniLogic?

1622666697239.png

The cell is T-15, the controller is the AquaRite.

Some pictures of your setup might help.

Last edited:
The AquaRite box also says it is on and generating. I manually turned off and on the SWG via app (since box says it’s remotely controlled) and got these readings:
80p
Al-0
R 1.89

and then back to average salt of 3200 which is the only thing that matches the app reading. I’m at a loss!
It’s pouring rain so I didn’t check the cables.

You don't need both an AquaRite AND an OmniLogic. You only need the OmniLogic. Unplug the cell from the AquaLogic and plug it into the OmniLogic.

Well, you can scrap everything I’ve written because I mistook the picture you posted of the Omni controller as my SWG box and I actually have an OmniHub. Even the guys who wired it called it OmniLogic so that added to confusion. Now I really have no idea why this was all setup this way when built last year.

That is why I asked which hardware you had because there are multiple choices.

So it might be best if we start with some detailed pictures of what you actually have.

The readings on the OmniLogic app now make sense to me given the OmniHub setup since it appears it was known that the full info is not available yet on the app, which we were told would have been resolved with the most recent upgrade but apparently not based on further reading. It looks like I don’t have the option to do anything else on the app and will go back to original plan of run pump 24/7 to make sure chlorinator is not on when pump is off, until we can have another timer setup for the chlorinator.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.