Omni Logic and AquaRite SWG schedules

That was the case many years ago but I would have thought by now it would have that capability. You might try calling Hayward and find out. It might just be a configuration problem.

Reactions: Mlg8303
If you are unabIe to turn the chlorinator on/off via a schedule (which I can do on my system with the latest updates to the Omnilogic firmware), I believe you should still be able to set the SWG to a constant 0% and then use the chlorinator schedule to set to a higher percentage during the hours you really want to run it.

Reactions: Krysib
If you are unabIe to turn the chlorinator on/off via a schedule (which I can do on my system with the latest updates to the Omnilogic firmware), I believe you should still be able to set the SWG to a constant 0% and then use the chlorinator schedule to set to a higher percentage during the hours you really want to run it.
Thank you. I think the issue is my OmniLogic App is communicating with an OmniHub, so the OmniHub for whatever reason doesn’t communicate the diagnostic info to the app nor does it allow me to turn the SWG on/off via schedule. I found another thread from last year where two people had the same issue and it’s still not fixed with the latest update.

If you can set your chlorinator percentage to 0%, it is effectively off. If you set the chlorinator percentage to 0 (not in a schedule), then use the schedule to set the percentage to something higher, it *should* revert back to 0 when the schedule ends. At least, that's how mine worked before the firmware upgrade.

Reactions: Mlg8303
Thank you. I think the issue is my OmniLogic App is communicating with an OmniHub, so the OmniHub for whatever reason doesn’t communicate the diagnostic info to the app nor does it allow me to turn the SWG on/off via schedule. I found another thread from last year where two people had the same issue and it’s still not fixed with the latest update.
Just to confirm, does the OmniLogic physical diagnostic display show that the chlorinator is off (i.e. different status than the app) when the pump is off?

Last edited:
In this post, the OP apparently fixed the issue with a firmware upgrade.

I just experimented and if I shut off the pump (which we don’t typically do, I run it 24/7 at a lower speed and just increase it when needed for heater), the chlorinator continues to report it is on but the pump is off. Since I have the OmniHub, I think my app display is always a little odd for the chlorinator, even after the firmware upgrade. After I turn the pump back on, the same diagnostics display on the app. It displays what I attached here regardless of whether the pump is on or off. The only thing that ever changes is the salt reading.
1624290599331.jpeg

I just experimented and if I shut off the pump (which we don’t typically do, I run it 24/7 at a lower speed and just increase it when needed for heater), the chlorinator continues to report it is on but the pump is off. Since I have the OmniHub, I think my app display is always a little odd for the chlorinator, even after the firmware upgrade. After I turn the pump back on, the same diagnostics display on the app. It displays what I attached here regardless of whether the pump is on or off. The only thing that ever changes is the salt reading.
View attachment 347922
Further, the AquaRite box has the Power and Remotely controlled lights on when the pump is off.

Further, the AquaRite box has the Power and Remotely controlled lights on when the pump is off.
And now I’ve spent more time with the box with pump on and off
Pump on: 3200, 84, 25.7, (pic is not legible), 50p, -3300. Generating light is on.
Pump off: 3200, 84, 31.4, 0, 0p, -0. Generating light is off.
So it seems like the flow switch is working. My concern just remains that the chlorinator is still on even though it’s not generating, so if the flow switch failed, I’m thinking it would revert to chlorinating? Hence why I’ve been running it 24/7 with a very low percentage output except for midday when the sun is directly on it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You have something not right. I have an OmniLogic, so I have not hooked up what you have. I did look online at the manuals.

You need:
OmniHub
AquaRite Controller and cell
AquaRite Daughter Board (HLAQRPCB)

The daughter board is installed inside the AquaRite Controller panel and a 4 conductor wire runs from the AquaRite Panel to the OmniHub Panel.

Here is the troubleshooting info from the Daughter Board manual:
Capture.JPG

You can find the full AquaRite Daughter Board (HLAQRPCB) install manual here:
https://hayward-pool-assets.com/assets/documents/poolscanada/pdf/manuals/092718-RevB.pdf

You can find the full OmniHub install manual here:
https://www.hayward-pool.com/assets...ls/OmniHub_InstallationManual_092711_RevA.pdf

I do see a small grey wire that is coming from your AquaRite that appears to go to your OmniHub...so I would assume you have everything you need and it's connected correctly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.