Omni hub spillover mode valve programming

Krysib

Jun 18, 2020
League city TX
Hi all-

We have the Omni hub automation that comes with the VS Hayward pump. We’ve been able to control quite a lot of automation with that little system and so far are pleased.

However, the one thing I can’t seem to figure out is IF it can be programmed for a spillover mode. We currently have pool mode and spa mode only. (two actuators controlled, one on suction side/one on return side) The builder installed a bypass with a manual valve to circulate the spa water when in pool mode. That means we always have a small trickle of spillover running at all times. With our recent addition of a SWG-I’d like to have the option to not increase the pH as much.

I’ve read the manuals and can’t seem to find how to set this up, but the Omni hub manual does mention spillover is possible if configured.

Anyone know how to configure the actuators in the Omni hub system? It’s got to be somewhere in the advanced config settings. Right now they turn together, seems like if I can just turn the return to spa and save it that would be a “spillover” mode. Then I can close the bypass altogether.

Thanks for any help!

There are 3 choices in the initial setup. Pool only. Spa only. And some say spillover some say pool+ spa. Basically it shuts off the suction from spa amd takes pool water amd shuts off flow to pool amd uses only spa for makeup water starting a spillover. If you take good pics of equipment pad we can advise if your setup properly.

Hi Jimmy,

Exactly! I would like to close down my “bypass or makeup” and get less aeration. Then I could program spa circulation on a schedule instead of all day. I could do that now with just pool or spa schedule, but was curious if I could also have a spillover mode given my automation.

Here are pictures of the suction and return sides where my actuators live.

I’ve spent some time looking at the OmniLogic manuals(even though I only have the omnihub) and have found some reference to it being a question in the advanced configuration under the “second body of water” setup. Not sure if I have looked there already.

Attachments

• 6A34835D-CC09-4FA1-9ABE-8B5DF36D40C2.jpeg
    6A34835D-CC09-4FA1-9ABE-8B5DF36D40C2.jpeg
    653.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 3DE4EE8E-35BC-4672-B0FD-3F7ED8F3335B.jpeg
    3DE4EE8E-35BC-4672-B0FD-3F7ED8F3335B.jpeg
    702.2 KB · Views: 31
The way you have the suction setup is fine as is with valve location. List need to lose the 3way off amd have only spa jets running amd it will spillover. You can adjust the spillover rate by either turning down speed if you have a VS pump or adjusting pool returns/jets to let some flow out into pool as well as spa
You would be able to automate this fine tuning with an actuator on the 3way valve if u dont have a VS

Last edited:
Reactions: Krysib
The way you have the suction setup is fine as is with valve location. List need to lose the 3way off amd have only spa jets running amd it will spillover. You can adjust the spillover rate by either turning down speed if you have a VS pump or adjusting pool returns/jets to let some flow out into pool as well as spa
You would be able to automate this fine tuning with an actuator on the 3way valve if u dont have a VS
Yes-we have a variable speed pump so should be set.

I just can’t figure out how to control the valve actuators in my omnihub automation!

You cant just make them move on demand. You setup programming and then using pool amd spa buttons changes modes. Some software revisions allow timers to also change modes

You can make them move manually by switching the toggle on the actuator underneath it. Just dont dead head the pump or forget where PB had it set

Spillover may not be available on the low end automation of Omni Hub. In reading the manual, it should handle moving the valves for a spa however.

Spillover may not be available on the low end automation of Omni Hub. In reading the manual, it should handle moving the valves for a spa however.
Yeah-this was my fear. I’m gonna play with it today. It does reference in the omnihub “operations” manual that it’s possible. But I’ve learned that since omnihub is just a stripped down OmniLogic that some of the manuals reference features incorrectly.

what are your thought on a low trickle over our tiled spillway? Is that adding as much aeration and ph rise as a full on waterfall type spillover?

we have pump set at 20% speed and have the makeup valve skewed towards the pool to limit spillover as much as possible. But we are still experiencing significant ph rise. I’ve looked into borates-but it has been suggested to wait at least a year to let the pool cure. We just opened in august last year so perhaps the quick ph rise is more a function of the new pool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A low trickle over the spillway can lead to evaporation and buildup of calcium scale on it.

Update: got it figured out. Had to go into configuration and tell it there was a spillover on the spa. Once I switched the answer to “yes” the option appeared. It automatic knew which actuator to turn. (Not sure why the PB didn’t configure this but oh well).
Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: srgray and mknauss
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.
We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.