Olympic Pool

Why do I not trust it when I read, "The water quality at the Maria Lenk Aquatics Centre was tested and there were no risks for the athletes. We are investigating the cause,"?

You don't know why it's green, but it's safe? These guys sound like liars and look like morons.

Of course or is "safe", there is 1ppm of FC in the water :eyeroll:

There is a possibility that the pH really was the problem. Assuming 0 cya, a rising pH can lower the FC effectiveness. So by trying to maintain a low FC, if the pH control failed and the pH rose very high, the FC may not have been effective enough to prevent algae from starting. Just a guess as they have not released much information. The high pH could also have made metals in the water apparent.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Apparently the pool is now closed. "The reason is that the water must be still so the pool can return to its blue color as soon as possible."

http://www.wisn.com/sports/rios-infamous-green-diving-pool-closed/41171520

You have got to be joking people. You know what kind of water is still? Ponds, lakes and ditches. Guess what those have in them. Algae, lots of it. Fast flowing rivers and streams... not so much. It doesn't even pass the thought experiment process much less actual pool maintenance logic.

The incompetence, invalid excuses and sheer lack of preparation is staggering. It's to the point I'd like to brush up on my Portuguese (HAHAHAHAHA) and go down there to straighten it out.

You have got to be joking people. You know what water is still? Ponds, lakes and ditches. Guess what those have in them. Algae, lots of it. Fast flowing rivers and streams... not so much. It doesn't even pass the thought experiment process much less actual pool maintenance logic.

The incompetence, invalid excuses and sheer lack of preparation is staggering. It's to the point I'd like to brush up on my Portuguese (HAHAHAHAHA) and go down there to straighten it out.

It's just PR- they probably increased FC level above safe limits to get it done quickly but somehow decided to give more fictional explanation to the public. Probably not to scare us with 'chlorine' word :).

LOL!!! Stay tuned for our updated SLAM instructions soon. We just need to consult with the Rio folks a bit more. :mrgreen:

Isn't the irony rich that his name is Mr Green? :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.