Older Sta Lite Pool Heater LCD

Jul 5, 2017
Fort Worth, TX
LCD has sections that work and some that don’t, so it’s hard to make out the current or set temp. It can be done simply by going +-10 degrees or to max and counting down. Anyway, how do I fix this? Does a membrane replacement fix this or do I have to replace something else? Everything works fine, just LCD screwed up and only working partially. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, the LCD is attached to the main board (soldered). Membrane wont do it. If you were resourceful enough, and you could ID the LCD screen, you would probably be able to get one on E-bay or something like that. The LCD screen boards have not been out there that long, relatively speaking. How old is this heater?

Thanks. I do not know how old. Likely original to house - late 1990s - unless otherwise replaced before then. I can't even find the model number on the outside of the heater. I am resourceful enough to remove and fix as necessary and could certainly soldier in another LCD screen if needed. Do I match the LCD with the model or does it matter? If so, do I need to take this thing apart to find model number on the inside? Thanks!

I would just replace the board. Sure it's a cheap part but the age of the board could only be more issues down the road. That is the fastest and easiest way to fix this issue. You can find them rather inexpensive.

That board has likely been replaced, and less than five years. But yes, replacement is the only way to fix the failing segments on the LCD. If the heater works otherwise, i would run it. The heater gives you two "preset" thermostats, pool on and spa on. If it were mine, i would set the spa temp and the pool temp (in the manner that you described above), and just run the heater. Switching between pool and spa as needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.