Older intellichlor IC20 Green light "cold water"

dmichel

Jul 2, 2017
Bowmanville, Ontario
Hi, I have a older IC20 that I picked up used and installed this spring. It was a tear out from a pool many years ago and shows 60% life left in it. However, it has a green light on beside COLD WATER. The manual for the current versions say there's either a red light if the system is off, or no light for temp ok. Anyone have experience with a green light on an older model?

D,

Not sure about the older ones, but on the new ones if the water is too cold, then the only light that will come on is the "cold light" all the other will be off.

What does your do? and what is the water temp?

Cell life is close to useless as many things can make the cell not work that have nothing to do with the plate life.

If your cell light is working, then the cell is making chlorine. At 50% output, the cell light will be on for 2.5 minutes, when the cell is making chlorine, and then off for 2.5 minutes, while the cell is not making chlorine.

Thanks,

Jim R.

D,

Your pic shows the cell at 100%. If this cell is connected to an automation system, like an EasyTouch, you can't adjust the % from the cell, just from the automation.

Your cell looks like it is working to me..

How big is your pool in gallons???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
D,

Just a heads up...

It may be difficult for a 20K cell to make enough chlorine for a 23K pool. We always recommend a cell be rated for at least 2 x the pool volume.

This is because cells are rated when running at 100% output for 24 hours.

This means that in the middle of the summer, for your cell to make up for the chlorine that your pool will use each day, you might have to run your pump 24/7 and the cell's output at 100%.

This is certainly true if you were in the Southern United States, not sure how much difference your location will make.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.