Old Mastic Removal

Fort Worth

Bronze Supporter
May 26, 2016
Fort Worth, TX
I'm in the process of doing lots of things and it's time to start the mastic replacement. I went with the one part deck-o-seal so I will have an opinion about that shortly. Pulling up the old mastic is more of a challenge than I thought it would be. I have a 3000 psi power washer I was sure would blast that stuff out very easy. I was mistaken. I have purchased but haven't tried some Goo Gone Caulk Remover and a snazzy little tool from Lowes, What I am seeing on YouTube University is Dremel Tools. I have a very basic small one that will cut off a bolt that is too long, but I don't think it's up to the job of extracting 110 linear feet of fossilized mastic. There is a corded oscillating multitool at Harbor Freight for around $40. Drop in the bucket in the big scheme of things.

Has anyone tackled this job recently? What's out there that might make this easier. Napalm?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.