Old light replacement options

DocBob

Jan 15, 2023
Phoenix, AZ
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I bought a house with an older inground diving pool. The light wasn't working so I pulled it out of the niche... I assume this is an old halogen bulb fixture. Since it was filled with thick tomato soup looking material, I'm guessing it needs to be replaced. I have no idea what would fit... The light housing is only about 2 3/4 inches in diameter and about 3 3/4 inches deep. 120v. What options do I have?

Attachments

• Light1.jpg
    Light1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Light2.jpg
    Light2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 20
Welcome to TFP.

Flip the lense and trim ring over and show us the other side.

It is likely an incandescent spa light from Pentair or Hayward. Maybe a Pentair Amerlite. You need to lookup dimensions and see what fits.

Maybe @1poolman1 can id it.

Welcome to TFP.

Flip the lense and trim ring over and show us the other side.

It is likely an incandescent spa light from Pentair or Hayward. Maybe a Pentair Amerlite. You need to lookup dimensions and see what fits.

Maybe @1poolman1 can id it.
Looks a bit like a SwimQuip or older SpaBrite. I'll send to my Pentair rep and see if he can ID it.

Reactions: Newdude
Thanks for all the replies... I apologize for the delay. I thought I had turned on notifications but in fact, I did not.

Anyway, you are correct, it is a SUNLITE...

So there is no low-voltage option that will fit the niche?

Attachments

• Light3.jpg
    Light3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Light4.jpg
    Light4.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Light5.jpg
    Light5.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 8
Pentair made a Sunlite LTV 12v light that fit, same fixture in 12v. It is now obsolete unless you can find someone that has one.
Just found out that Pentair says their EC-640132 will fit. If that is the case, the SpaBrite should also now fit, same light ring on an expensive color changing light..

I mistakenly tried to put a SpaBrite in a Sunlite niche several years ago. The bottom hook would not catch the niche. At the time I called Pentair and they said no to it fitting. Perhaps they made a change. The newer Sunlites had two "hooks" on the face ring, one to fit the SpaBrite niche. Maybe the did the same for the SpaBrite light. Inyo pools is a good source, you might call them.

Reactions: DocBob
Update:
I checked with Pentair and the SUNLITE is the only lite they made that fits that niche. They told me to check with pool supply stores to see if they had anything that fits... Sooooo... has anyone had any luck fitting an aftermarket lite into a SUNLITE niche?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.