Oklahoma City Pool Remodel Advice and Insight Needed (Pictures Inside)

c621d0bb3a3f23b97a680ec446b29831.jpg

Concrete coping with Italian slate finish.

b073f2eabe68fca7935d873ad8f99426.jpg

Deck with same slate finish.

Will have more pictures to upload very soon as we are currently putting water in the pool. Question about the chemicals. My pool builder recommended I buy the following:

1 Qt beautytech
2 Qt stain control
1 Qt Algea 60 %
2 gal. Of stabilizer
6 lbs alkalinity
5 lbs soda ash
1 Qt clarifier
Tabs
Shock

I know I don't need the tabs or shock but what about the other stuff? This is my first time opening a "new" pool.

Thanks!

We would suggest you buy bleach and stabilizer, at Walmart or Home Depot.

Test your fill water and you will find out if you need calcium carbonate, muriatic acid, or baking soda. All available at Home Depot, Ace, etc.

We would suggest you buy bleach and stabilizer, at Walmart or Home Depot.

Test your fill water and you will find out if you need calcium carbonate, muriatic acid, or baking soda. All available at Home Depot, Ace, etc.

Thanks I use the tfp method and have really only used bleach and acid for last few years but, this being new plaster is any of the other stuff needed? On well water...pool store said I would needed the TA or soda ash as the new plaster will cause high alkalinity. PB said the opposite so I am not sure what to believe.

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

If you know TFP, then follow the above and your normal water chemistry. Also, the stain control may be needed based on if your well water has iron. But I am not an expert on that. Contact Swampwoman for advise on that.

Take care.

Read over your contract and the chem requirements you need to follow for the warranty. While I loath pucks, I had to use them during the first few weeks in order to keep my warranty.

Make sure that you pre-dissolve your chems before you add it directly to your pool water. Fresh plaster can stain very, very easily.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.