ok starting on rebuilding the pool

Well trying to learn the chemical side now and it’s now winter. Got them close took me awhile still need a new test kit. Bought a cheap one we had to buy new phones so. Maybe Santa will get me one lol. Going to just use the old cover this year. Here is what it’s doing in Iowa this was about 12:30am.
Went to another pool store today and was looking at SWG salesman said they are junk and you still have to add chlorine, and went on about how much they cost and they only last 2 years.
Meanwhile trying to push a closing kit and shelves full of chemicals. I got a pool brush. I am so glad I found this site so I avoided what a lot of people fall into. Btw look at how good this iPhone takes pictures at night no flash and no lighting

Attachments

• BA2783E9-7E4F-4BF7-9144-2650D35FCCE1.jpeg
    BA2783E9-7E4F-4BF7-9144-2650D35FCCE1.jpeg
    542.4 KB · Views: 57
:shock: BURRRRRRRR already!

The pH and TA are very important for vinyl's life. Make sure those are correct. The little kits do those tests just fine. Tell Santa you will need the "big kid" test for when you open the pool back up.

Kim:kim:

Ya working on the last part of the fence before I close it, Me and the better 1/2 was talking about how long it took to redo and I had forgot that she got burnt at work and took a month off so I didnt work on it for a month in the summer, So really it didnt take that long. At least I know what test kit to get :). The cover looks Nasty so now I am wondering if I can just leave it off this winter, Closing the pool and just calling it good. We are getting a safety cover next year So I dont want to buy a bunch of water tubes. I threw them out do to the fact they were left outside for years and all had rips in them. What are your guys thoughts on leaving it uncovered all winter, this is Iowa so there will be weeks of -0 deg. snow ice rain more snow ice and a few 40s thrown in there?

You have to do something with the pipes and equipment to keep the from breaking due to freezing and such like you do for your house pipes. I would to the closing as seen in this link: Closing an In Ground Pool - Trouble Free Pool make sure to click on the link towards the bottom of the page for different discussions on different approaches. Post back if it does not answer you question about HAVING to use a cover. With me being in FL we don't close so I am no help with this one.

I read threw and understand closing. When I ran the new pipes they are deeper then the frost line, already bought the plugs for the lines and I will blow them out and add antifreeze. Guess she wants it covered so we are getting a safety cover on her next day off. I dont want to mess with 5 gal buckets or water tubes/blocks and the insurance wants a safety cover, So I guess.... :neutral::whip:

The underground pipes aren't the issue ita where the pipes meet the equipment at pad and the actual equipment. Winterize that pool today you are taking a huge risk once the first frost hits. Weather is unpredictable it only takes a few hours of below 32 to get water freezing

The underground pipes aren't the issue ita where the pipes meet the equipment at pad and the actual equipment. Winterize that pool today you are taking a huge risk once the first frost hits. Weather is unpredictable it only takes a few hours of below 32 to get water freezing
YA its suppose to be in the 50s today, then turn cold again, I have set the timer to run the pump at night, my equipment is all in the pool shed now (I mounted it on a rubber pad with a drain). so it should be less likely to freeze till its been cold for a bit., but you are correct no reason to risk it. Being from Iowa I know how fast pipes can freeze. . . . . . frozen

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
YA its suppose to be in the 50s today, then turn cold again, I have set the timer to run the pump at night, my equipment is all in the pool shed now (I mounted it on a rubber pad with a drain). so it should be less likely to freeze till its been cold for a bit., but you are correct no reason to risk it. Being from Iowa I know how fast pipes can freeze. . . . . . frozen

I suggest you read...

lines are blown out water dropped below skimmer, I just took the pump inside. also took apart the sand filter even though I know it can just be drained :) still scooping out leaves and pine needles every day, Thanks for the reading btw. Need ladders I forgot all about the ladders :) came across this picture note the ladder this was the day we moved in, Does this look like a standard ladder or is their a standard? guess I need to measure the spacing for the holes.

Attachments

• pool.jpeg
    pool.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 30
  • pool2.jpeg
    pool2.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 30
  • pool3.jpeg
    pool3.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 29
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.