OK does anyone have an Intex Waterfall..?

ninjajim4

May 25, 2023
chicago
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Does anyone have this: Multi-Color LED Waterfall Cascade Pool Light

I'm asking because Intex is upsetting me off to no end. I don't have this particular product, but it comes with a bypass valve to switch between the waterfall and the outlet with a simple turn of a knob. That's nice! I tracked down and bought this bypass valve, BUT it was missing the o-ring/gasket on the female connection that screws onto the pool outlet.

Intex repeatedly told me that it's not supposed to come with an o-ring and I have to buy it, which is preposterous in and of itself, and to add on top of that, the the part number they giving me is for the o-ring for the male connections, which doesn't fit of course.

It's this thing right here:

Which comes with the gaskets for the male connections naturally (oh but I thought I'm supposed to buy them separately!) and of course there is no photo showing the inside of the female connection anywhere on the Internet.

One would think that the the O-ring off the plunge valve it replaces would be the same, but it's actually slightly too large. I'll really appreciate if anyone can take the time to show me what this thing is even supposed to look like, #1 so I can just order/find what's missing on my own and #2 because I'm irate enough to file a BBB claim against Intex and I want to shove it in their faces.

Thank you!

#2 because I'm irate enough to file a BBB claim against Intex and I want to shove it in their faces.
This means nothing. The BBB exists to collect fees and does very little on behalf of the consumer. They use complaints to pressure companies into joining with membership fees. They use the term Bureau to make them seem government-y but they are independent.

Hang tight and hopefully someone knows what you need.

This means nothing. The BBB exists to collect fees and does very little on behalf of the consumer. They use complaints to pressure companies into joining with membership fees. They use the term Bureau to make them seem government-y but they are independent.

Hang tight and hopefully someone knows what you need.
I know that some companies dont care about their BBB rating, but some certainly do -- I have had good results with them for a myriad of issues with larger companies.

Reactions: Newdude
I hear you on the frustration of having to buy something that should be included, but it might be less frustrating (and quicker) to buy the material and make your own gasket.

You can by the sheets at Home Depot, Lowe’s, etc.

for 99+s&h I would probably opt to build my own diy. pvc pipe dremel, ball joint. Im nkt a fan of the LED lights so that might be the kicker to the whole thing if thats what youre after
I don't have this $99 thing. I have this one, which is a fountain rather than a waterfall, which the kids like getting splashed by:

It's less than half the price, but it also didn't come with any hoses or valves. I guess you're supposed to just use either the fountain or the outlet and unscrew the hose to swap around every time you want to switch. That wasn't something I felt I wanted to do, so I tracked down this valve which allows for switching around and also adjusting the flow of the fountain. Everything is great, minus Intex's awful support. The kids like the lights of course. For me, it's nice that the LEDs are driven by the water rather than battery or wired power.

I might have a solution for you.

The GAME 4560 40mm to 1 1/2 inch adapters also come with two flat O-rings that are meant to go between an Intex 1.5" white hose and the adapter itself. The O ring is flat, unlike the ones that are shown on the male end in the photo. It's hard to say whether the inner diameter of the O-ring will work with your adapter, but the outer diameter should be fine.

41WZJAPQILL._SL1050_.jpg

I've used several of these O-rings to convert from the Intex 1.5" hoses that came with my Intex Combination Saltwater Generator and Sand Filter to 1.5" PVC. They work fine as long as the connection is appropriately tight. Hope this helps.

I did a bit more digging and found these. Not the same device but the outside of the female end looks very similar to your adapter. Does this look about right to you?

611xVwxEfQL._AC_SL1250_.jpg
Thanks a ton for giving my problem some thought and taking the time to dig around.

The above is something I have already -- it's what I replaced the valve with. I totally agree and would've thought it'd be a simple swap but again the gasket off of this part is somehow slightly too large. I also happen to have one of these 1.25" to 1.5" B adapters but these are the same as the male gaskets on the valve -- again those don't work.

I went to home depot and bought an assorted o-ring pack and it's no longer leaking for now. it's a round one, not flat like the ones you linked to in your first reply, which I'd like to try best.

I have concerns about the longevity of my fix and I'm still curious to know what the proper part is supposed to look like.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have the Intex fountain. I connected it to my hard pipe via a standard pool hose with 2 hose clamps. The hard pipe has a ball valve on that circuit to turn it on/off and or limit the amount it can spray. Besides the kids loving it, I also use it to lessen the pressure to the bot. If I don't the bot literally will come off the ground and fly through the water. I'll try to remember to take a picture of the way it is connected. maybe something you can incorporate...

Reactions: Mdragger88
There’s also this one
Swimming Pools Waterfall Fountain Above Ground Inground Pool Cooler Sprinkler Pond Aerator Pump Accessories, 7-Color LED Pool Lights for Backyard Garden Decor, Kids Outdoor Water Play Summer Toy Gift Amazon.com
I have the non light version

Instead of posting to this thread I created a separate thread for my Intex fountain install hoping it did not get lost for others searching for similar information.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.