Rocky Mount/Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital Nano+ PPC2
Is anyone else infested this year? In SW Va, it is like a biblical plague in my backyard. Last night I finally added my three bags of salt, they were not happy with me.

No, but I'm more concerned with their actual presence and their adulterous intentions, rather than their general well-being. Kermit needs to go back to the swamp.

Is there anywhere you can buy seals? Do they eat frogs?

The pond is fresh water and right next to the wetlands on the other side of the fence. The pool above ground thankfully as we would have a LOT of problems with critters such as gator and turtles if we had an in ground. They all come visit the pond that behind the pool and deck.

frogs are crazy by me this year. Loud enough at night its hard to have a decent conversation sometimes! I am in the same boat as you, and even with SLAM level of chlorine they keep enjoying the swim!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I find about 1-2 frogs every 3-4 days in the skimmers and usually at least one of those are dead. None so far this year though! Although my "it flies it dies" strategy for this year is working! I keep a can of hornet/wasp killer on the deck and anything I see I immediately hunt down and spray. So far I am seeing maybe 1 hornet every 3-4 days so might have got lucky and stopped it before it started.

We use to get them all year, I'd find 12 or more in the pool, I swear they mutated to adapt to the chlorine. We have a hedge line around the property and last year I cleaned that up, old leaves, twigs, trimmed up the branches, and this year so far I haven't seen one frog in the pool. Not sure if its the reason why, but its my only real change to the area.

Reactions: Shruggs85
We have a water feature/fountain area about 25 feet from our pool. Fortunately, the frogs and toads tend to stay in their space, so to speak. We actually enjoy the frog-watching, as do our dogs. Thankfully, they tend to stay out of the pool, though, I did find a few "belly up" in the skimmer last year.

Just the other day, I rescued a toad who decided to take a dip in the adult pool! lol I have a set of frog logs on order and should be here next week.

Attachments

• Toad relo1.JPG
    Toad relo1.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Toad relo2.JPG
    Toad relo2.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Toad relo3.JPG
    Toad relo3.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Toad relo4.JPG
    Toad relo4.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 19
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.