Official 2022 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Ok I’m taking a long shot here. Neighbor brought over steaks but they are pretty thin. I’m going to attempt to reverse sear em. Got the recteq at 200 only. Figure they will hit 115 in like 20 mins. Lol. Then a quick butter bath and off to the Weber for thier sear.

I got all kinda toys. Now I know how you guys with ur griddles and smokers and grills feel. I got choices in my life for once. Lol
I read your article you sent me and was going to try reverse sear yesterday but I had some personal things going on so I will try next weekend :cheers:

please tell me you're kidding? lol
No I am not kidding here are some articles for your reading enjoyment :cheers:

These are just a few very reputable websites :cheers:

• Wow
Reactions: cwescapexlt4x4
Man, I never would have never even considered grilling a frozen steak. After reading the Epicurious article, it’s just another way to try and achieve uniform temp from edge to edge, eliminating that band around the edges that gets overcooked when cooking over high heat. Same thing reverse sear does, but I’d go with reverse sear any day over cooking frozen. First off, I like to dry brine my steaks for at least several hours, if not overnight. Can’t do that with frozen. Second, I can hit my desired temp with precision cooking low and slow. If the center of the steak is still frozen after the initiative sear, how do you monitor temp? I guess with practice you could figure it out.

When comparing to a traditional grilling method, where a steak is put on a hot grill over direct heat, I can understand the logic of cooking frozen. But as an alternative to reverse sear, I’d pass. I don’t freeze steaks, as I have a great butcher 5 minutes from my house, so I buy fresh and cook within 24-48 hours. But to each his own!

Just found this thread. Memorial day ribs on the Weber.
qWiKI3z.jpg

p5hT2eJ.jpg

Fn5KBW3.jpg

Reactions: jark87 and Newdude
So how many of you are cooking your own meal on Father’s Day? :) My wife wanted to cook all of the food, but I told her I enjoy the grilling part while hanging at the pool, so I’m cooking baby backs - a pretty easy cook. She’s doing the hard work of pulling the membrane off and trimming.

Reactions: Decoy205

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well I am back again with guess what :cheers:
BTW JIMM guess where we were last weekend yep you guessed right Epcot and Disney springs for anniversary we will be back there for 5 days in July.

Attachments

• 9C54199C-F497-45D1-BC5C-A8D3F11D9EA9.jpeg
    9C54199C-F497-45D1-BC5C-A8D3F11D9EA9.jpeg
    470.8 KB · Views: 6
  • BDEC048C-085A-410F-9081-5223D32AFA83.jpeg
    BDEC048C-085A-410F-9081-5223D32AFA83.jpeg
    634.2 KB · Views: 6
Getting some baby backs ready for this afternoon. Started with a dry brine followed by a seasoning of Dallas Dust, which is my modification of Meathead’s Memphis Dust by adding chile powder and jalapeño powder to kick things up a notch. After about an hour at 300°, I’ll wrap them with butter, Mike’s Hot Honey and another layer of the Dust and cook for roughly 1 more hour. Hoping for rib perfection!

Happy Father’s Day everyone!

1655655735204.jpeg

1655655755613.jpeg

Well I am back again with guess what :cheers:
BTW JIMM guess where we were last weekend yep you guessed right Epcot and Disney springs for anniversary we will be back there for 5 days in July.
Omgggggggggg I might have to give in and go November without season passes I’m getting bad looks from wife and both kids now. I am very bitter at Disney right now. Very.

Happy Father’s Day everyone!!

Smoked revere seared chops again but with a different rub. Cumin, fennel, coriander with salt and pepper. I love this rub. Very earthy.

I also froze the sharp fillets from this weekend. The kid got to go out on the ocean for the first time. Did a 4 hour 3 mile out trial by fire in high sea and strong wind. Lol yah he got a bit sick but now we know for in a few weeks with a full day trip way out. He did well. We got him on a bunch of smaller sharks and a ton of bottom fish. He loved it even not feeling well. He is obsessed with sharks since we caught a few nice size ones the sand last year. Got to see a huge achool of amberjacks around the boat. We throw at them but they usually don’t bite in shallow close waters.

Attachments

• 11FA8061-FEB3-4B8E-8069-D61D65BFAAC7.jpeg
    11FA8061-FEB3-4B8E-8069-D61D65BFAAC7.jpeg
    513.1 KB · Views: 12
  • D7F11344-3868-4842-A218-2884DBEE9E5E.jpeg
    D7F11344-3868-4842-A218-2884DBEE9E5E.jpeg
    536.8 KB · Views: 12
  • F6CF6B0D-B222-4828-AD1A-55FA8559483D.jpeg
    F6CF6B0D-B222-4828-AD1A-55FA8559483D.jpeg
    433.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: Stump and jark87

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.