Official 2022 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Gas or Charcoal......
I can relate. I always though charcoal was kind of a hassle unless I was doing a long cook. Now that I have my Kamado Joe, I tend to use the gasser only for chicken breast or fish. Steaks are a combo: slow cook on the KJ then a quick sear on the gasser’s sear burner.

Reactions: Matt F 1
They're on. Of course a thunderstorm warning just came over the radio...
IMG_20220402_120114.jpg

I try to avoid sugar - so I used allulose in the rub. It's supposed to caramelize like sugar. We'll see.

I thought we were eating an early dinner -- then my wife says we're meeting friends for lunch -- "Umm, I already have the ribs on..." I had to lower the temp and I ended up with them being a little more tender than I wanted. And, I was running out there during thunderstorms. :)

IMG_20220402_175510.jpg

Last edited:
Yah that looks terrible, LOL.

Great smoke ring, AA+.

Lets Go Reaction GIF by Mason Ramsey

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We had a chicken fajita feast! Had a few guests so I didn’t get to take too many pics, but everything tasted great! In addition to the bowl of grilled jalapeños, onions and bell peppers, my wife carmelized onions where they’re almost a paste consistency. Spread that on the tortilla and then pile on the fixins! She also made banana pudding and a fresh mango sorbet for dessert. Great meal!

1650241162466.jpeg

1650241186666.jpeg

We had another picture perfect 75° day here in north Texas, so we took advantage and grilled some steaks. Smoked them at 250° until internal temp hit 125° and then seared them on the gasser’s sear burner. Smoke time was about 45 minutes, which was just the right amount of time to make up and enjoy Tito’s martinis with jalapeño-stuffed olives. (Every day is Friday when you’re retired!) Served with mashed Yukon potatoes and mac and cheese. Not the healthiest dinner, but sure was good!

1650327942078.jpeg

1650327971154.jpeg

1650327996016.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.