Official 2021 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then last night sliced the leftover brisket really thin. Fired it with onions I cooked up and cheese. Wrapped it up in foil in the bread. Baked it for 15 mins and then threw some bbq sauce on it.

677EAFAF-DED2-4BE5-9BC0-766AF4D9F543.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Newdude
Enjoying a trouble free pool with a Ghost margarita. About to fire up the Kamado and cook some wings, following Malcom Reed’s crispy wing recipe. Hard to beat on a gorgeous Spring Sunday afternoon!

1619384458278.jpeg

Reactions: Gladius Nova
Well fishing has sucked so far this season so I’m cooking more. Smoked pork chop with apple cranberry chutney. Fishing better pick up or I’m going to be 400 lbs. once the river gets low enough we can get out on the jet boat for some real nepa fishing.

6D38B5D8-E2D7-4D22-82F1-0788270AFB70.jpeg

Reactions: jark87
Enjoying a trouble free pool with a Ghost margarita. About to fire up the Kamado and cook some wings, following Malcom Reed’s crispy wing recipe. Hard to beat on a gorgeous Spring Sunday afternoon!

View attachment 326454

How do u get them crispy. Fry them after u smoke them? I have never been able to get them truest crispy on a grill regardless of corn starch or anything. Nothing can beat a fryer I’m beginning to think when it comes to wings.

How do u get them crispy. Fry them after u smoke them? I have never been able to get them truest crispy on a grill regardless of corn starch or anything. Nothing can beat a fryer I’m beginning to think when it comes to wings.
I used a corn starch mixture. They actually turned out really well! I’m still cooking a batch on my gas grill with the rotisserie. The Kamado had them ready in 20 minutes! I agree with you on the fryer - nothing better for wings!

1619391862898.jpeg

I did my first cook for the new season. I did a brisket point only. I never done a brisket before in my bge so figured give this a try. 4 hrs to 190. A few people told me to pull a point earlier than 203 ish. It’s resting for 4 hrs now wrapped up. I’ll let u know how it was. Only did salt and pepper. I did make pickled red onion for it. Never did that either. They came out good. Had to add some extra sugar. They were strong!
Jimm I think that looks great. How did it taste?

It was good. First time I ever did a brisket. Friend told me to start with a small point so it’s more forgiving. He said I should be able to pull a point like pork but my other buddy said he only ever did 1 that he was able to pull. He said all of his are usually only able to slice like the flat. So I guess I did ok for my first time. My wife liked it. We thought the next night using it for steak and cheeses was even better. The pickled onions were good too. She had them on the smoked chop last night. She loved it. I used the apple chutney on my chop. I was in the mood for sweet vs salt/sour.

It was good. First time I ever did a brisket. Friend told me to start with a small point so it’s more forgiving. He said I should be able to pull a point like pork but my other buddy said he only ever did 1 that he was able to pull. He said all of his are usually only able to slice like the flat. So I guess I did ok for my first time. My wife liked it. We thought the next night using it for steak and cheeses was even better. The pickled onions were good too. She had them on the smoked chop last night. She loved it. I used the apple chutney on my chop. I was in the mood for sweet vs salt/sour.
Very nice, we going to our favorite place next week, can you guess :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good old fashioned BBQ chicken. Again followed a Malcom Reed recipe, with a few deviations. Cooked at 275° for roughly 3 hours, mopping and turning every 30 minutes. I absolutely love the kamado. We’re in the middle of redesigning our outdoor kitchen and entertainment space and now I’m wondering if I even need a gas grill. Of course, my wife says we do. 🙂

1620222800392.jpeg

I would never get rid of my gas grill for ease of use and quick things like burgers hotdogs stuff you just need done for. If hotly dinners. The egg is awesome but it’s deff a process. Maybe I am not efficient with heating it yet. I’m doing wings Saturday on it. Smoke first then air fryer to crisp cause I hate a non crispy wing. Sunday reverse seared bone in rib eyes smoked.

I would never get rid of my gas grill for ease of use and quick things like burgers hotdogs stuff you just need done for
I named mine Propane Elaine. :) She is a well loved member of the family as much as I love living vicariously through you all.

Did someone say tired hands! :)

Just finished my last ddh alien church and Calamansi orange milkshake ipa and need to head over to fish town location for more.

I fed a few friends for our inaugural opening on Sunday:

9D250C75-D62E-49B6-B530-E8D5AA6BF20D.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Dave1096
Did someone say tired hands! :)

Just finished my last ddh alien church and Calamansi orange milkshake ipa and need to head over to fish town location for more.

I fed a few friends for our inaugural opening on Sunday:

View attachment 329905
I'm a huge fan, live about 35 min drive from them. Unfortunately haven't had many opportunities to get over there since they went on their recent DDH tear, but I've heard the DDH AC variants are some of their best work to date.

I'm a huge fan, live about 35 min drive from them. Unfortunately haven't had many opportunities to get over there since they went on their recent DDH tear, but I've heard the DDH AC variants are some of their best work to date.
Yes! The quads and tdh punge were really good. I’m down by AC, so it’s a hike. I liked it when last Christmas they had the pop up store in the Comcast building.

With the st. Omer/fishtown store, it’s a good excuse to go over to Frankford hall and make some bad decisions :)

Even better was years ago when I worked in Malvern, but that’s another story…

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.