Official 2020 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early birthday surprise from the grand kids. Pork siopao, Jamaican beef patties, corned beef buns and a birthday brownie AC456175-F88D-487D-8D6B-A888A01A931B.jpegand homemade birthday cards :cheers:

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
I'd love the dejabulgogi recipe please! :)
If I need any generic Korean recipe, Emily Kim "maangchi" is my go to.

Not always the best recipe I ever had for all items, but always good and she will very quickly teach you proper technique as well.

She is a very sweet lady also.

Reactions: cwescapexlt4x4

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have such a hard time peeling off the silver skin off a rack of ribs. It never goes as easy as they show on Youtube. Any tricks?

Maddie :flower:
I use the back end of a spoon and a paper towel to grab the silver skin and pull - so much easier with the paper towel for traction. That being said I'll leave it on many times if I'm busy and it only adds a little crunch to the underside.

I always have a tough time getting the silver skin off too. I have had good success with *CAREFULLY* scoring the silver skin with a clean utility knife. By utility knife I mean one of the kind with replaceable razor blades like you buy at Home Depot or Lowes. I use a diamond pattern with the diamonds about 3/8 in size. The last few times I have done this, the silver skin pretty much disappears during the smoking. Be careful as the ribs are slippery and a utility knife can be super sharp but this idea has worked for me. I don't even try to peel the skin off anymore. No one has noticed since the ribs have been good as ever.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Meh, I just leave it on. Peel it off when eating it. When smoking for three and a half hours it doesn't seem to effect the quality of the ribs. Those literally turned out to be melt in your mouth when I was done with them last night. I need to take and post pictures but I usually end up starting them too late in the day and it's dark out when I am done. So then I forget.

Reactions: cwescapexlt4x4
Another vote for a small piece of paper towel. Can usually get it off the entire rack in a single piece being careful and taking time getting it started the length of the first rib.

Meat side down. Interesting. I've always done bone side down. Might have to try this.

I usually gently lift one edge with the tip of a sharp knife then I use a dry paper towel to grab the skin and gently pull upward pushing my thumb under the skin to separate. It takes some practice and lots of patience. Do not pull the skin aggressively of fast. Hope this helps :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.