Official 2020 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, look......you need to work on those omelets. Skippy used to make the babies the most perfect one egg cheese omelets you've ever seen! Eggs, a splash of *water* and beat it up *well* which helps make them fluffy.

In a pan they flow to the edges so that may be a problem you have- no edges to shape against. Figure out how to build a ring that you can use on the griddle and once its set in a circle gentle lift both sides (meet) up towards the middle. The inner elements peek out of the middle this way.

May the Force be with you!

Maddie :flower:

My pool to do all of this next to hasn't been started yet. 2 more weeks! But, I had to share my very first ever smoked brisket that I did in my brand spanking new smoker that I purchased as my congratulations gift for building our pool finally. 13 hours of smokin' and restin' and it was gone in 15 minutes between me and my women. :)

Attachments

• 20200424_204534.jpg
    20200424_204534.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200424_2042331.jpg
    20200424_2042331.jpg
    581.8 KB · Views: 18
Oh yummy!!! I love brisket. That looks mouth watering.

Got a boneless leg of lamb I'm debating on between grilling or smoking. Skippy is getting antsy to eat it today or tomorrow. I should have marinated it last night but alas......... :brickwall:

Reactions: Belikin
Omelette from a pan will never be the same as one from a griddle and vice versa. The tools and motions aren't the same. Pan version should be fluffier/thicker while the griddle style is more of an egg sheet folded like an envelope. (The Mrs went to chef school.)

Brentr, looks real good 'cept the griddle was too hot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Omelette from a pan will never be the same as one from a griddle and vice versa. The tools and motions aren't the same. Pan version should be fluffier/thicker while the griddle style is more of an egg sheet folded like an envelope. (The Mrs went to chef school.)

Brentr, looks real good 'cept the griddle was too hot.
Thanks for the input, I love cooking on my griddle all food cooked on it taste great including the omlet even though it does not look pretty :cheers:

My pool to do all of this next to hasn't been started yet. 2 more weeks! But, I had to share my very first ever smoked brisket that I did in my brand spanking new smoker that I purchased as my congratulations gift for building our pool finally. 13 hours of smokin' and restin' and it was gone in 15 minutes between me and my women. :)

Reactions: Belikin
Been busy here at the Tiki Bar... finished off the keg of Darkling (roasted porter) and Ne'Mo (peach grapefruit wheat) over the weekend! Ai Yi Yi Yi (mango habanero wheat) is now officially on tap, and it is delicious! That little bit of heat worked out perfectly!

Should have my new Irish Red on tap by the end of the week, and next up I'm planning on brewing a tangerine wheat... the wife is asking for a pineapple cider, so I may have to reorder things... Oh well!

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Boneless leg of lamb.... when we removed the netting the leg wasn't butterflied like I expected. It was just sort of butchered in a way that removed the bone yet (sort of) kept it together. Marinated and grilled.....delicious!
View attachment 135587
That looks amazing :cheers:

Due to my still broken arm, I supervised Skippy making bulgogi and chapchae this week! We splurged and used tenderloin and it was sooooo tender and delicious, the chapchae with a little leftover rice made a great breakfast the next few days,.

We also make a mean dejabulgogi (pork, hot!) if you ever want the recipe. Soooo easy.

We don't "do" Thanksgiving foods anymore at our house. The kids are going to their inlaws also, so why feed them the same stuff again? So either a day or two before TG or after we have what we call "Koreafeast" at home. Homemade banchans to include cabbage and oi kimchi, beef bulgogi, pork bulgogi with lettuce wraps, chapchae, rice, yaki mondu (made in egg roll fashion). Everyone pigs out and we all have had fun helping in the making.

I'd love the dejabulgogi recipe please! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.