Official 2020 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked my pool today .... the water was 70F :eek: I’m really not ready for spring to hit but I think Tucson is in for a short winter and an early spring. I have to fix the thermistor on the SWG and I was hoping to get at least another month before I messed around with the pool....so much for my dreams of a lazy-February. And, to add insult to injury, I already saw two ground squirrels out in the yard ??? I reeeeeaaaaaaaly hate those little bastar........um .... furry little munchkins of cuteness ???

Anyway, tonight’s dinner was oven roast beef and Italian stuffed mushrooms (baby bellas) -

View attachment 125863
View attachment 125864
View attachment 125866
Hey Matt , the squirrels are plentyful here this year, they eat my pears, guess I will have to get my BB gun and target shoot :cheers:

Hey Matt , the squirrels are plentyful here this year, they eat my pears, guess I will have to get my BB gun and target shoot :cheers:

Off topic but .... I’m going to seriously consider one of these this year -

Goodnature A24 Rat & Mouse Trap Kit with Counter. Humane & Non-Toxic Rodent Control System That Kills Rodents Repeatedly Without The Use of Poisons...

We get ground squirrels (also known as prairie dogs to others) around here and they literally tear up my yard every year to the point where it looks like the surface of the moon. I also get packrats and they can be very damaging. My neighbor has had to re-wire his A/C compressor several times now because the packrats try to make a home near it and strip the insulation off the wires. When I use regular snap traps each year, I put out three of them around various parts of property and I can literally kill 2-3 vermin per day. It’s ridiculous. What I really need is a hawk or desert owl to take up home nearby and they could easily fatten up on three square meals a day with all the rats I get.

Off topic but .... I’m going to seriously consider one of these this year -

it touts itself as a humane alternative but check out the first spiel of the item details, kinda seems a little too enthusiastic :

• Record Your Kills With The Digital Strike Counter: The Digital Strike Counter is an easy way to check when your trap has been triggered. It sparks to life when the trap is set off, recording the action from the first kill up to 99!
:brickwall:

*Billy Mays voice*. but WAIT !!! There’s MORE !!

1580132547148.gif
Really, good nature 24 ?? Reallly ? Kapow! ??

:laughblue: :laughblue:

My interest in them is mainly two factors - self-resetting with CO2 powering it AND non-toxic. Too many people around here use bait poison to kill them and I’ve seen people just leave the poison blocks out (which a violation of state laws). Poison is terrible because it all it does is cause secondary kills of predators which only serves to increase the vermin population. So I’ve always used snap traps but hate having to reset them everyday.

Considering the product was sold out last season (you couldn’t find them online at all), I’m hoping it’s a “better mouse trap” ...

Reactions: Newdude
Meatballs and sauce ....

2685F5AF-4C8D-4CEF-A761-CF92C0493CFC.jpeg

Cooked up 2 dozen of my “triple play” meatballs in the oven and then added them to my crockpot of sauce....I’ll let those two slow cook for a few hours then it’ll be a penne & meatballs dinner after soccer practice tonight. My little guy just started soccer this past week so we’re doing the dance of the disorganized parent....”what do you mean I was supposed to pick him up?!?! I’m sure one of his friends will offer him a ride home....” says dad to momma-bear wife giving him the look-of-death ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Meatballs and sauce ....

View attachment 126034

Cooked up 2 dozen of my “triple play” meatballs in the oven and then added them to my crockpot of sauce....I’ll let those two slow cook for a few hours then it’ll be a penne & meatballs dinner after soccer practice tonight. My little guy just started soccer this past week so we’re doing the dance of the disorganized parent....”what do you mean I was supposed to pick him up?!?! I’m sure one of his friends will offer him a ride home....” says dad to momma-bear wife giving him the look-of-death ?
Obviously you can't count, last time I remember 2 dozen equal 24 and all I see is 23, Ooops I forgive you as you are being disorganized this week :eek: :unsure:

Obviously you can't count, last time I remember 2 dozen equal 24 and all I see is 23, Ooops I forgive you as you are being disorganized this week :eek: :unsure:
In my house it is known as ‘quality control’ but it’s really just because I’m hungry and the chef gets first crack at it.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
I love my Uruguayan BBQ (parrilla). Right next to the pool. Wood burning BBQ. So delicious. I buy the wood by the 1/2 ton.

Most houses here have them built with the house. Even some posh apartments on multi-story buildings have them on balconies!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 53
Ok

Oh right, 23 .... I meant 23 .... ? (says guy with greasy meatball stains on his shirt...)

Reactions: Newdude
I love my Uruguayan BBQ (parrilla). Right next to the pool. Wood burning BBQ. So delicious. I buy the wood by the 1/2 ton.

Most houses here have them built with the house. Even some posh apartments on multi-story buildings have them on balconies!
Very interesting. Noticed that the wire grill was at an angle and not level. Is that how you adjust the heat to the food?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.