***Official 2016 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Cooking, Baking thread***

We're having "Christmas Peppers" again tonight -

967bc54b831b5f3608f63c470823d068.jpg

Basically bell peppers stuffed with browned ground turkey meat, brown mushrooms, red onion, red bulgar wheat, garlic, Rosemary & spices (salt, pepper & crushed red pepper flakes). Top it with diced tomatoes and sprinkle of chop red & green pepper.

Yummy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very pretty! Our grill is almost buried under snow so I am particularly envious of anything grilled! Enjoy!

Yeah. I love living on AZ. It was 75F today while I was using my Makita leaf blower to clean up the "Fall" leaves from my mulberry trees. If I wasn't such a lazy arse, I could cover my pool and probably keep it swimmable.

And the other day I did a rotisserie chicken on the grille....yum.

Oh yeah, it is sooooo goood! 16 lbs whole packer, 225°F, went on at 4pm, we wrapped it in foil at 11ish and took it off at 7am. With pecan wood chunks, Stubbs beef rub and Stubbs BBQ rub. Lots of it. Mmmm. I have eaten waaayy too much of that and I need more! :chef:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Today we had two big bone in ribeye roasts, rubbed with Stubbs Beef rub and a bunch of minced garlic then out on the Primo XL at 225 until it hit 150. Yum! No pics, sorry.

Today we had two big bone in ribeye roasts, rubbed with Stubbs Beef rub and a bunch of minced garlic then out on the Primo XL at 225 until it hit 150. Yum! No pics, sorry.

Christmas Eve dinner will consist of a boneless ribeye roast (7lbs) that I slow roast in the oven at 220F for several hours on a rack with a pan full of short ribs, veggies and red wine underneath it. The veggies and wine keep the oven nice and humid while the roast slowly cooks (I use that veggie/wine reduction for au jus). After the roast hits about 125F internal, I take it out and let it rest for 20mins. While it's resting I bring the oven up to 550F and then sear the outside of the roast until I nice brown crust. Carve it up and enjoy perfectly med-rare ribeye (pink straight through with no grey dried out layer at all) with red wine au-jus.

Personally, I love picking through the short ribs and sucking the bones clean.

Ok, meatloafers, here you go

2lbs breakfast sausage
2lbs ground pork
3lbs ground beef
Some shredded cheese
Hanks of white cheddar cheese
Stubbs beef rub
Stubbs BBQ rub
Onion
Garlic
Tony Chachare

Smoker with applewood at 300 to 155°F
IMG_20161224_135745.jpg
IMG_20161224_161228.jpg

WA-BAM!!!

Christmas Eve Prime Rib Roast

cab5d72fbb41e6422bcab961d9c9b456.jpg

af2fe904222e18ee15f29b2c8b99f95e.jpg

It just got more pink with each slice. It can only be described by the following phrase -

"Melts in your mouth like buddah'"

FOLLOWING!!

I just did a 10lbs brisket for the Memorial Day holiday (9.5 hour smoke) and it was FABULOUS! Sooooper simple recipe, nothing fancy at all - dry rub with 1/4cup salt, 1/3 cup black pepper and 4 tablespoons of ground coriander. Trim the brisket (I had both point and flat together) and apply rub 24 hours before hand, let it sit in the fridge, uncovered. Place in the smoker (~250F) with fat-cap down and strips of bacon (~ 1 lb) across the top. After 2 hours in the smoke, do a Texas-crutch - pull the brisket off the smoker and wrap it in 2 sheets of heavy duty (the kind you get at Costco or Sam's club) aluminum foil...wrap it TIGHT! Then put it back into the smoker until the internal temperature reaches 205F (some folks like 195F...all up to the individual). Pull the foil wrapped brisket out of the smoker and let it sit in an ice cooler wrapped in towels (to reduce heat transfer) for at least 30mins to one hour.

Remove the brisket from the foil and slice thin.....it was soooooo tender!! Still have some left overs for tonight.

Love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.