Off-Season Intex Pool Mud Pit

Spritzup

Aug 27, 2020
Ottawa
Hey All,

With COVID kaiboshing our summer plans, the wife and I bought a pool for the kiddo's. Dug up the sod, leveled the ground, put up the pool... and had nasty hot summer weather, but c'est la vie. Now that the season is drawing to a close, we've realized that we have 4 kids and a dog who are about to enjoy living with a giant mud pit in the backyard where a pool once stood.

So to fellow owners, what have you put under your pool during pool season that is a safe surface for kiddo's in the off season (and can survive a Canadian winter!). I had considered artificial turf, but my god it's expensive for something that will rarely be seen.

Any help/idea's is appreciated!

Thanks!

~Spritz

I have put down 2 layers of commercial grade landscape fabric. I take the pool down every winter and the kids love to play on the large flat surface over the colder months like a patio. It's been 6 years already and it's holding up great, although I have had to re-staple the seams in spots.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
I dunno how big your pool spot is but how about some ground cloth & 1or 2 of those rv/patio mats steaked down with some chairs etc. Maybe some pavers in the middle w/ a little self contained fire pit. 🔥😎

Last edited:
There’s some ideas in this thread 👇

Thanks all for the tips. I especially like the thread that @Mdragger88 linked and the idea to do a patio / fire pit in the off season. This would be great for the fall / early spring and then throw the pool up the last weekend in May.

I imagine if I did the concrete / pavers, I would need to put down some pad under the pool, correct?

~Spritz

Reactions: Mdragger88

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.