Baltimore, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-55
I could use any help or insight anyone has on this issue. I have two skimmers, they both have their own pipe running to the utility area, They are tied together with a 2" PVC 'T', then go into a jandy valve, another 'T' that ties the drain in, another valve, then a check valve and into the pump.

I noticed the filter had no pressure, it was sitting at zero, and when I bleed off air it has more air immediately. Then I noticed the farthest skimmer wasn't pulling at all. I checked it by plugging the other skimmer and it then started sucking. I found the filter has a very slow drip from the bottom where the internal manifold is held in place by an external knob w/ o-ring and the o-ring is cracked. I think this is where the air is being sucked in at, but I'm not sure as it's past the pump.

I've got new o-rings and lubricant coming Thursday. But I'm unsure about:
1. Air leak location, is that much air from a cracked o-ring possible?
2. Would this air leak account for lack of suction on farthest skimmer?

p,

Show us several pics of your equipment pad plumbing.

The far skimmer almost always has weaker suction than the near skimmer. Most pools have valves that can be moved to compensate for it.

A leak at your filter seal, can let air in when the pump is off, but should not let air in when the pump is running. This should be fixed in either case.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.