OB in NoVA (Dig Starts tomorrow 6/8)

Really cool Wes. I finally got back in here and checked in on your progress. Love the combination of wood decking and that pool color/stonework. Thrown any rager's yet?!

We have been done for three weekends...we have had house guests every one...this upcoming weekend is the only one that hasn't been booked yet. We haven't had any raging parties, but we have had neighbors over and lit it up a bit. The wife plans on having a neighborhood pool party this weekend, but it is a lunchtime gig with quite a few kids, so I am guessing it will be pretty mild. We are extremely happy with the results and look forward to enjoying it for years to come.

Make sure you have a couple of gallons of liquid chlorine. Push your FC level up to just under SLAM level for you CYA as seen here FC/CYA Levels just before the first people get there. When the last person gets out the pool push it TO SLAM level and leave the pump running over night to get all of the added *stuff* cleaned out!

Sorry for highjacking the thread, but I am having the same issue...my numbers below from this morning.

Test results 25 Aug
FC - 3.6
TA - 80
PH - 8.2 (tested first with test kit, maxed out @ 8.0, backed up with digital meter recently calibrated)
Salt - 3555

Test results 18 Aug
FC - 4.4
TA - 90
PH - 8
Salt - 3263 (added salt due to heavy rains and having to drain down the pool)
CYA - 70

I might be over thinking the issue, but the PH is really the only thing I am having to chase right now (adding acid about every 1.5 weeks), we do have a LOT of black walnut leaves that drop into the pool, and I don't know if that could be one of the issues, we typically get them out the same day...but if you look in the skimmer...there is a bit of "tea".

Also, is there a best practice on when to test? I don't remember seeing anything (or I just missed it), and lastly, dry acid vs MA...I did read that if you had a SWG you should use MA vs DA, is there any truth to this? Does one perform better than the other?

Thanks

New plaster will need diligent pH management. When it gets to 8, lower it to 7.6. You should be testing pH every day to every other day with a new pool. FC daily. TA when you need to add acid to lower pH.

Do NOT use dry acid. It will allow sulfates to build up in your water and they will destroy the SWCG and damage your plaster. Use only muriatic acid to adjust pH.

Reactions: BigPapaSmurf
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.