OB in NoVA (Dig Starts tomorrow 6/8)

Concrete was poured (a LOT) and they put down sod...not sure how good of an idea this was as we still have patio work to do, but I am glad to have the yard looking somewhat normal. The area to the left of the pool is getting a deck, so no sod needed there. I might put down some landscape fabric to minimize the mud runoff. We had a slight bow in the front wall of the concrete pour and they are having to "shave" it back down to the correct size for coping. We are putting floating benches on either side of the bump out when we do the deck. We started the planning process in September 2020, the dig started 08 June 2021 and we are sort of starting to look normal, so we have had chaos in the backyard for about a month. I applaud and deeply respect the patience of folks that get gunite pools installed and deal with this for multiple months.
View attachment 351046
Thank you for sharing the details of your experience!

So, the concrete is done (as much as it can be). The mason that is going to do the coping and the wall facing said that what we had now is good enough for him. The PB needs to fix my patio (his excavation operator destroyed it). Then it is back over to me for the final touches (deck, coping and wall facing).

I am bringing the water into balance (TFP has been a tremendous help along with the pool math app), I can see everything in the pool now...and while I am happy to have clear water...I realized there was a LOT of sand, dirt and concrete left...I am just going to have to scoop it out somehow. I have had the robot working on it, but I don't want to break it, so, going old school (unless someone has some suggestions).

Here are photos from last night and today...my wife is working on all of the landscaping while I knock out little punch list items. I am trying to figure out how to program the EasyTouch...right now I am just running the pump (Pentair VSF) from its panel. I have a simple single body pool, no features just a heater. I might tie the lights in, but they are PAL so I don't know if I want to loose any functionality.

I hope everyone is having a great 4th of July weekend...we just missed having the pool ready.
1625434852819.jpeg
1625434872154.jpeg

Reactions: Lanzz
You could probably save a lot of money and just keep it like that - Brutalist architecture.

I am sure I could...I think we have decided to go with PA bluestone on the walls and coping...and the better half wouldn't stand for the "brutalist architecture"...she is in the tile and stone industry...:ROFLMAO:
Haha, yeah that will do it. I’m sure it will look great with the bluestone.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We put down something called "Proflex Paver Edging" and lined the pebble bed with the black landscape fabric, you can get both at your local hardware (or big box) store. the paver edging comes in 6 foot sections and gives you about 2-3 inches of a barrier...it helps keep the pebbles in and the grass out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.