Morgan Hill, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm a newbie. ? New house 8 months ago with a pool. First time pool owner.

My Polaris 280 is on its last legs. It needs enough repairs that it makes more sense to replace it. I've decided to get a cleaning robot and have been reading info here to try to choose one.

I'm thinking the Dolphin Oasis Z5 / Triton.

Here's what I know about my pool:
30K gal, plaster, 1 HP Pinnacle pump, 300 sqft ? filter, Liquidator, Polaris PB4 booster pump, Polaris 280 sweeper, Pentair MasterTemp 400 heater, Solar Breeze robot skimmer
Northern California

The other factors I'm considering:
I have tendinitis in both wrists, elbows, and shoulders as well as neck and back issues. So brushing the walls, skimming, etc. are not something I can do often or effectively. My neighbors have giant pine trees that continually rain pine needles in the pool. I have a sandbox for my dogs - much of the content of which seems to end up in the pool. And there's my dogs - 2 labs that love the pool and enjoy it daily. I think a caddy is important for me due to my health issues. From what I've read, the remotes sound of dubious value. Choosing alternate cycles doesn't sound useful to me.

I currently have a "pool guy." While I'd like to manage the pool myself, because of the medical issues, currently I can't. Beyond whether the Triton/Oasis is a reasonable choice for my pool, my other big question is if it would clean sufficiently to "replace" those "pool guy" tasks (physically demanding/repetitive tasks). I believe I can handle the chemistry.

Thanks for any advice!

Thank you. Good thing to consider. I'm seeing different info - anywhere from 16-22 lbs. And heavier with water spilling out as it's lifted.

I manage the Polaris 280 but it's clearly a lot lighter. (I don't leave the 280 in the pool out of concern for my dogs becoming entangled in the cord.)

I'm handy at building things (just s-l-o-w). Maybe I can come up with something to lever it out of the water. That's often how I solve heavy. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.