jdo

Aug 21, 2021
Dallas, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have an in ground pool and spa with a Waterway Plastics Oasis controller, pentair intelliflo variable speed pump and mastertemp 400 natural gas heater. Two days ago, my pool water temperature was 57 degrees F. I heated the pool for 6 hours up to 81 degrees F. I then pressed the pool heat button to turn off the pool heat and the screen showed a countdown of 55 seconds for a cool down cycle. I waited until that was completed then I pressed the P/S mode button on the Oasis controller to switch from pool mode to spa mode and then I pressed the spa heat button. The screen on the oasis controller showed that the pump should be running and the heater will start soon but the pump never started nor the heater. I waited 10 minutes then switched it back to pool mode without pool heat and the pool pump won't start. I checked all the power cords, communication cord from the oasis controller to the pump and the electrical panel breakers and all was fine and on. I can run my pump manually by pressing one of the 4 preset speeds in egg timer mode. So I know the pump is working. Does anybody have any ideas of what I can try? I troubleshot many scenarios and even talked to technical support at Waterway Plastics for the Oasis Controller. They were stumped.

jdo,

If using the RS-485, the pump's display will say "Display Not Active" if the automation is controlling the pump. When this is working, you can't get into the manual pump controls unless the RS-485 is turned off. Going into the Service mode, with an EasyTouch turns off the RS-485, I assume the same for your set up..

What does your pump's display say?

Thanks,

Jim R.

jdo,

If using the RS-485, the pump's display will say "Display Not Active" if the automation is controlling the pump. When this is working, you can't get into the manual pump controls unless the RS-485 is turned off. Going into the Service mode, with an EasyTouch turns off the RS-485, I assume the same for your set up..

What does your pump's display say?

Thanks,

Jim R.
That is correct. The screen on the pump shows "Pump Address 1, Display Not Active". Also when I put the oasis controller in Service Mode, I can manually start the pump using the pump controls.

A quick solution with Oasis controllers loosing communication usually is to turn the power the the Oasis off and leave it off for about 3-5 minutes. You have to make sure the display goes blank. I have installed about 15 of these systems. So far, that has worked every time I get this type of call, which has been about 5 times.

A quick solution with Oasis controllers loosing communication usually is to turn the power the the Oasis off and leave it off for about 3-5 minutes. You have to make sure the display goes blank. I have installed about 15 of these systems. So far, that has worked every time I get this type of call, which has been about 5 times.
That sounds like a reasonable option. I'll make sure to write down all my settings on it first before doing a hard boot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.