O/B SoCal IE

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks AmyJo.

Quick Question for anyone regarding numbers to follow. During the break in period before I add salt (1 month) , should I be using the non swcg numbers?

Here is where I am at now, adjusting and checking daily...

Any glaring issues..
PH 7.8
FC= 2
CC= .5
TC= 2.5
TA=90
CH=250
CYA=50

Added acid and chlorine per pool math.

Love this site and everyone who helps.

You nailed it! Yes use NON-swg levels for now. Your numbers look good! Once you put the salt in the water and the SWG started THEN move to the swg levels!

Love how you have already learned so much and know what to do! :hug:

Kim:kim:

Funny story. I wont listen to pool stores or other pool owners after reading this site and getting all the great feedback... And what Ive learned so far, but Im just really a newbie.

So I get the "What you need to do is" from a neighbor today... Who proceeds to tell me I need to buy this (pic below ) to make my life easier....and sends me a pic...

Oh and just buy floating pucks....

I tried to explain TFP...but just gave up..chlorox.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Current numbers

PH 7.5

FC= 7
CC= .5
TA=80
CH=275
CYA=50 almost 40

Last edited:
Poor, poor neighbor. (where is the pat on head emoji?) That is all well and good until it goes sideways on you and the pool goes green! Yeah you keep adding that and and watch your CYA shoot to the moon.

No matter what we say, until it goes sideways they will keep doing it and even then they will run to the Pool $tore and spend major$$$ :(

I do keep trying though! One day I will see a new friend on here that is willing to try!

:hug: thank you for the love and for trying to help them!

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim... I felt the same...Want to take my kit up there and test his water for him...But not going to do it...

Oh then he proceeded to tell me why he didn't go SWG... SWG's can't keep up etc.... Just shaking my head...

Numbers are almost spot on, Now deciding whether to test in the am or pm, or does it matter? Brian had a good thread about big parties and getting ahead of things.. Learning so much...

PH 7.8
FC 3.5
CC >.5
TA 110
CH 300
CYA 40

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.