O/B in Gilbert, AZ for 2nd time

Nikilyn --
Your decking is like ours. A gap along the border and rocks in that gap. We have a 6" gap between the decking and the house.
. . . Every time I see pictures of your pool I smile! LOVE the little mosaic touches!

Just noticed your net on the deck. Hubby bought two more poles so we have two brushes and one net and all three are happy hanging out on the back fence.

• Love
Reactions: Nikilyn
Curious. Are you putting muriatic acid in the pool every other day like I am? I find it's a struggle to keep the PH down.
I'm not. I was at the beginning but this last week I only added it once. It actually worried me because it wasn't changing even after using the hot tub.

Nikilyn --
Your decking is like ours. A gap along the border and rocks in that gap. We have a 6" gap between the decking and the house.
. . . Every time I see pictures of your pool I smile! LOVE the little mosaic touches!

Just noticed your net on the deck. Hubby bought two more poles so we have two brushes and one net and all three are happy hanging out on the back fence.
I also smile when I see my mosaics 😊. I’m so glad we got them.

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
I really despise my neighbor's Palo Verde tree 😒. It's been very windy here the last few days and all their little yellow flowers end up in our pool. The tree is ugly to begin with, despite being messy, and they have 4 of them. We did find out that we put our skimmer in a good place though. The pool runs at night and the spa a few hours during the day. All the flowers from the morning were in the deep end by the skimmer and when the spa turned on they all flowed into the skimmer. Yesterday there were twice as many flowers as today. 9E4D3CFD-BF74-4A17-B901-435FA2C100CA.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: TikiParadise
Yup -- same here.

Are you using hair nets in the skimmers? Really helps keep the little stuff out of the filter.

We clean our skimmers more than once a week. We also have debris from our neighbor's trees. Pollen. Little leaves budding out. Add in high winds and it's unbelievable how much junk lands in our pool. We end up netting and brushing each morning. . . Good morning workout there! The robot helps. We also have a cyclone and there are pre-filters you can take out to clean. I'm not sure how efficient it is, we're still doing a lot of work here!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have you been in your pool yet?
We haven't although we're supposed to get 80 degree temps this week.

I don't know if you do this but with our new salt pool we keep hosing off our robot and hosing down the deck if it's splashed. I wonder how long that'll go on .. . .

Last edited:
I have only been in the hot tub. Our youngest son gets in the pool every time we're in the hot tub. Brr! Way too cold for me! It was in the 90s starting last week. The kids came over Saturday to dye eggs and many of them got in the pool. The water is still in the 70s. It will be awhile for me.

We keep our pool at 85F now with a solar cover and short heater run each morning. Great to get in as the afternoons are in the low 90's.

We keep our pool at 85F now with a solar cover and short heater run each morning. Great to get in as the afternoons are in the low 90's.
We need to order a solar cover. The days are hot enough to swim but the nights are still too cool to warm the water up without one. We just need to get a good measurement at the widest points to order the right one.

Reactions: mknauss
I am a huge fan of the solar covers. I use the dark blue "Heavy" cover. I put it on 3/27/2021, pool was 58*. Yesterday evening it was 84*
Even into summer, it allows me to maintain consisent average daily temeprature that is ideal to us. It also minimizes evaporation and chlorine loss.

Hey I wanted to say thank you for this build thread, it has helped me a lot.

We’re going with the aqua white pebble which your post helped us in deciding. I was wondering though, you said you went with “aqua white micro” but I don’t see aqua white in micro, closest is mini. Is it possible yours is mini or maybe they used to offer it in micro?

Love your pool thanks for all the great info!

Hey I wanted to say thank you for this build thread, it has helped me a lot.

We’re going with the aqua white pebble which your post helped us in deciding. I was wondering though, you said you went with “aqua white micro” but I don’t see aqua white in micro, closest is mini. Is it possible yours is mini or maybe they used to offer it in micro?

Love your pool thanks for all the great info!
Thank you. I'm glad I could help. Ours is definitely aqua white micro but it's not offered everywhere anymore. I love the micro. I would choose a different color in micro before getting mini.

Reactions: r2sie2
Thank you. I'm glad I could help. Ours is definitely aqua white micro but it's not offered everywhere anymore. I love the micro. I would choose a different color in micro before getting mini.
Seeing your blog. In the selections process. Did you go around to feel difference between mini vs micro vs pebble sheen? I’m having hard time finding this. I need smoother surface than mini due to my autistic son but there isn’t much about how different MICRO is to mini. And if micro is smoother than Pebble Sheen. How do you like it? My son has sensory issues.

Seeing your blog. In the selections process. Did you go around to feel difference between mini vs micro vs pebble sheen? I’m having hard time finding this. I need smoother surface than mini due to my autistic son but there isn’t much about how different MICRO is to mini. And if micro is smoother than Pebble Sheen. How do you like it? My son has sensory issues.
I suggest you look at alternatives to pebble. Look at Hydrazoo polished quartz finish.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.