Not understanding the lure of robotic cleaners..

The only robot she does not try to downgrade is when you ask for the Active 60 / M600 That is the only one with upgraded pumps and everything standard... I received a GREAT price and had mine 2 days later :)

I called her yesterday. She was busy and it was take a name and number. Hopefully she calls me back today. I'm ready to give her some plastic.
I was able to get her on email and we exchanged a few messages, once I settled on a cleaner, she generated an electronic invoice and I was able to login and pay----can't get any easier than that.

My Dolphin Nautilus is from 2013. Still works great. Showing it’s age in appearance but that’s it. I hated running the pump for hours to use the suction cleaner and having the hoses all over, taking them out, filling the with water.....

So if you buy from Margaret and the you need to send item back while under warranty, does the customer pay for shipping?
And why are these robotics made in Israel as read on her website? Seems USA , China or Japan would be the builder?

My Dolphin Nautilus is from 2013. Still works great. Showing it’s age in appearance but that’s it. I hated running the pump for hours to use the suction cleaner and having the hoses all over, taking them out, filling the with water.....
Thing is you are running the pump anyway. I know the selling point of robotics is less cost on electric and less ware on the pool's pump. But the pump is going everyday and closing the skimmer valve and opening the vacuum valve once a week to run a suction vacuum isn't putting more load on the pools pump..

Doug,

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill... Pools are different, people are different, our wants and needs are different. There are plenty of reasons why some some of us love our robots and plenty of reasons not to like them if you want.. You don't need an excuse to not like them.. It is your pool and you can use whatever cleaner you want...

I think this horse is dead... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: jseyfert3
Thing is you are running the pump anyway. I know the selling point of robotics is less cost on electric and less ware on the pool's pump. But the pump is going everyday and closing the skimmer valve and opening the vacuum valve once a week to run a suction vacuum isn't putting more load on the pools pump..
I always found myself running the pump more. I usually vacuum before swimming and I had to run at a higher speed to vacuum and skim at the same time using more energy. Significant? Maybe not. I just find the robot is easy, quiet and does a better job faster. Also less filter cleanings. It comes down to convince. You can manually brush and vacuum daily and get the same results.

Kicker for me was the guy who said he throws it in the pool and goes about his business. That’s a lot of free time I’m not having to vacuum. Nuff said to convince me.

Throw it in and prep the ribs for the grill:rockon:

Reactions: KJB1 and Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hello. Thanks everyone on tfp for such interesting conversation.

My pool build included a Hayward aquavac 650. The pool was handed to me about 2 months ago, but I have not yet placed it in the pool so I can't comment on how good/bad it is. What I can say is that with all these covid lockdowns thrust upon us, and the inability to leave the house I am getting a great sense of calmness and satisfaction from vacuuming the pool. Isn't life strange...

I am getting a great sense of calmness and satisfaction from vacuuming the pool. Isn't life strange
First off Charles , Belated Welcome !!!

Try vacuuming while swimming with goggles and it’s EVEN better. It’s like one of them sensory deprivation tanks with nothing but the sound of the water lapping your ears. Plus, 85% is now that you’re swimming and the work part is only 15%.

Hello. Thanks everyone on tfp for such interesting conversation.

My pool build included a Hayward aquavac 650. The pool was handed to me about 2 months ago, but I have not yet placed it in the pool so I can't comment on how good/bad it is. What I can say is that with all these covid lockdowns thrust upon us, and the inability to leave the house I am getting a great sense of calmness and satisfaction from vacuuming the pool. Isn't life strange...
I can understand that. I was an essential worker. I didn’t get any home time through the chaos. It was business as usual.

I could see myself making vacuuming a thing of zen if I had time on my hands.

Doug,

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill... Pools are different, people are different, our wants and needs are different. There are plenty of reasons why some some of us love our robots and plenty of reasons not to like them if you want.. You don't need an excuse to not like them.. It is your pool and you can use whatever cleaner you want...

I think this horse is dead... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.
Perhaps, but it sure did get a lot of attention and seems folks enjoy discussing it , so...And asking why these machines are made in Israel is a legit question as I don't know of anything else that is made there.

Reactions: Oly
My deck boxes were made in Israel.

So when my Z went into the shop for the 2nd time this summer (first time duration was 6 weeks), bought a mower robot for the small, zoysia lawn near the pool that needs regular mowing. Cool to watch both robots - pool & mower - going at the same time. :LOL:

All I have to add is, what do I do now? We’ve got SWG, robot cleaner and my NX2 robot skimmer just died. On the Ariel list but that’s taking forever. I can’t imagine getting in a pool that’s been hand skimmed. 🤣😂 this may be the end of the season for me and I’m in Arizona.

I know, I emailed him this week.. waiting is killing me even though I already got mine cause I ordered before the group buy..
All I have to add is, what do I do now? We’ve got SWG, robot cleaner and my NX2 robot skimmer just died. On the Ariel list but that’s taking forever. I can’t imagine getting in a pool that’s been hand skimmed. 🤣😂 this may be the end of the season for me and I’m in Arizona.

I vacuum once a week normally and and twice if company is expected for a day by pool. $700 every three years isn't worth it to me. Can't imagine if I had to replace everything at that rate, appliances, tires for vehicle, etc. I'm betting they are purposely made to last X amount of time like air conditioners... Home a/c used to last 15 years easily, now you are lucky to get 10...I don't mind paying good money for quality items that last, I,e. I had no reservations spending $1800 on a two channel stereo amp for the home ,but that amp will last 20 years plus easily. Comparing the SWG to a robotic cleaner is apples vs oranges IMO. The SWG is a needed part of the pool. Yes lifespan is relatively short but I would not own a pool without one.
As others have said, it’s all personal preference. For example, I can’t ever see myself spending $1800 on a stereo amp. I spent $600 on a 7.2 channel amp for a home theater. That amp plus a full set of good quality surround speakers I’m building myself will be amazing and quite enough for me. But I am not you.

If you only need to vacuum once a week and you enjoy it, a robot likely isn’t for you. I’ve got trees and throw my Pool Rover Jr in the pool 3-4 times a week. I don’t usually like vacuuming and I’d go crazy doing it that often. So for me it’s totally worth it. I’ll likely get a better (and more expensive) robot once this one dies. Also considering the Solar Breeze skimmer robot too.

So again, like others have said, it all depends on how you want to spend your time and money. Everyone is different, and what works for some doesn’t work for others.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.