Not sure if aquapure is working

Oct 6, 2013
Oklahoma
Is there a way to know positively that chlorine is bring generated? My aquapure 1400 recently was showing that it needed attention ( cleaning) by the code. Upon inspection, there was definitely calcium buildup, so I cleaned it w muratic acid and all error codes went away and shows that it is flowing and generating. But ever since I have had inadequate chlorine levels. The stabilizer was low so I attended to that and raised it to 90. I’m running the pool 12 hrs per day at 100%( much more than I have the past 10 years) and I find within a few days my level has dropped from 6 ppm to 1-2. I’m presently adding liquid chlorine to keep it up. Pool is fine. Water is clear and about 80 degrees. I do show a small amount of algae in the pool if the chlorine drops but quickly resolves once I get the level up
Anyway, I’m about to order a new cell hoping this will resolve the issue. Any thoughts?

Are there hydrogen bubbles out of the returns when the SWCG is generating?

If you have algae, you need to follow the SLAM Process. The elevated CYA will need to be dropped by half or so to do that.

No bubbles at all. I’ve had this pool 10 years but honestly I could not tell you whether I ever remember bubbles, but certainly possible. As far as algae , I may be wrong. I have been getting a yellowish dust like debris on the walls and steps. It brushes off like dust. Its not there everyday either. I wonder if its pollen

Remember that the SWCG has a duty cycle based on your % setting.
The AquaPure has a 3 hour cycle time. The percentage setting will control how much the cell runs during the cycle.

Raise your FC to 10 ppm with liquid chlorine and do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

I’m all in on raising to 10ppm and doing an overnight chlorine loss test and will follow through. This should verify if I have algae or not

Can you explain more on the 3 hr cycle. I’m running my pumps from 10 am to 8 pm at 100%. If I was running at 80%, I assume after about 2hrs and 20 min, it would rest, so no bubbles for 40 min. Bubbles should be evident for the initial 2hrs 20 min of each 3hr cycle. If it’s 100%, I should definitely be seeing bubbles all the time?

I’m trying to verify chlorine production. If there are no bubbles, is this indication of the generator failing or is it more complicated? Possibly the control panel?

I’m running my pumps from 10 am to 8 pm at 100%.
As long as the pump flow rate is sufficient to close the flow switch on the SWCG, it does not matter what rate you run your pump at.
If it’s 100%, I should definitely be seeing bubbles all the time?
If that is the SWCG, yes. Your plumbing may trap some of the bubbles, or if your flow rate is high (you do not show what pump you have) the bubbles may be very small and be dispersed quickly in the high flowrate out of the returns.
If there are no bubbles, is this indication of the generator failing or is it more complicated? Possibly the control panel?
Could be either. The Aquapure has an issue with the tri sensor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.