houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Would like to reach out to experts and get troubleshooting advice on salt cell/salt level not working.

For about a week ago low salt warning popped up it was showing 2600. Next day added two 40lb bags of salt and cleaned the salt cell. waited couple days to let the salt dissolve. after 3 days no change in the salt level though pool store reading was 3400. Thought of bad cell so took my cell to leselies and cell tested pass per leselies experts. My neighbour also has exact same pool system so took his T-15 cell and put it into mine. NO CHANGE. this tells me that if i buy new cell still issue may be still there. Instant salt level shows 0000 and cell is not generating any chlorine since it thinks no salt in the pool.

Don't know what troubleshooting/diagnosis can be done to resolve the salt error resolved. Desperately seeking advice from the experts here. below are the current readings.

My system is Aqua logic R1.2 with T-15 salt cell. Aqua logic is installed in 2004 and last salt cell was replaced in 2016.
-31.5V
-0.00A
81 F
0000 PPM
RF Base Soft r1.20 ID:1A0D
Main Software 2.13

All other vitals are in range like ch, PH etc... Please let me know if any other information needed.

That is usually a board problem with burnt components or solder joints.

Read Hayward Aquarite SWG - Further Reading

This is the basic information we need to know in diagnosing a problem:
  • Report all readings when you..
    • Move the switch from auto to off and check all of the readings.
    • Move the switch back to auto and recheck the readings.
    • Move the switch to off for a minute and then back to auto and recheck the readings.
  • What are the first seven characters of the cell and box serial numbers?
  • What is the actual salinity and how are you measuring it?

Thanks for quick response.
Don’t have the option of switch selections in aqua logic system. Below are the readings.
31.5V
-0.00A
81 F
0000 PPM

- Cell serial number : 3E13149

- took sample to Leslies and they provided the readings of 3500. I have the kit but store is almost Nextdoor so been using them for last 5 years.

You signature says you have an Aquarite. If you have an Aqualogic then...

Report all readings when you..
  • Go to the diagnostic screen, note the readings and then press the + button to reverse the polarity.
  • When the new numbers appear, see what they are.
  • Then, press + again and note the new readings.

No amps and no salt ppm is usually a burnt solder joint around the K-1 relay. Remove the board and examine the components and solder joints carefully...

Last edited:
I see K2 and K3 relay burnt which is new, as you see in the picture. Should just resoldering might help getting the issue resolved or replace the K2 and K3 relay is required.
A950C9BE-6A2C-4FC7-A361-A2CE6DAF7E98.jpeg

Fixing the burnt solder pads often gets it working.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks ajw22. Resoldered both K2 and K3 burnt connections. System did read the salt values but after about a minute goes down to 2600 and same error again.
During diagnosis, saves instant salt level to 3100 as soon as it trickled down to that. Been working for about 10 minutes.
Is this safe to leave it this way? Not sure what else can be done other than replacing board or relay.

Post the diagnostic information now.

Did you try your neighbors cell after the board fix?

That data looks like the cell is generating chlorine.

Since last three days salt level is reading 0. Y
Tried to resolder all 3 relays, however no luck on getting correct salt level.
Any other things can be tried other than replacing board

Go to the diagnostic screen, note the readings and then press the + button to reverse the polarity.

When the new numbers appear, see what they are.

Then, press + again and note the new readings.

If the instant salinity is good, press the right arrow to get the instant salinity reading by itself and press + to save it and update the average salinity.

1622909921548.png

1622909805971.png

Tried pressing - and + buttons in diagnostic menu, hear the click in the board but salt level is always 0000. Tried the side arrow button to save the instant salinity but that is also always 0000.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.