Not a suction skimmer? Then what kind of skimmer is it?

CMorrow

Gold Supporter
Jul 18, 2018
Austin, TX
Hi, folks. PB told me yesterday that one of the skimmers we have on our new build is "not a suction skimmer". Does this sound normal? I haven't had a chance to talk with PB at length due to holiday tomorrow, but am wondering if anyone is familiar with this. When I put my hand down the skimmer, I feel a bit of water pressure pushing out toward the pool. Am wondering how it's supposed to pick up debris this way, which is the big issue -- there's been next to nothing in that skimmer.

Thanks in advance.

Yep. Probably a Venturi skimmer. I have the one at the link below. That one can have a suction line to it as well as the return line that drives the Venturi. My pool isn’t done yet, but the Venturi skimmers are supposed to be very good. Looks like you are getting a cartridge filter. If you were getting a DE filter you would need it hooked to suction and be able to turn off the return line to it to prevent blowing the DE back into the pool and have a path to get the DE into the filter.

https://www.1paramount.com/debris-removal/paraskim-v/

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.